Goji play controller

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
So some of you were wondering what goji support was when it was added into TPA in a recent iOS update.
As was posted - it is this:

https://www.bluegoji.com

So it looks like basically a Wiimote/Kinectish type controller set for the iOS platform. Anyways - I have some more info for anyone who's interested...

As some of you know,in my spare time I co-host a public access show where I live called Sci-Fi Journal. I've been on access tv now for twenty years between the various shows I've been on - most of it with SFJ.

(if you want to know more about it...http://www.risfc.org)

Even though we tape locally here in Rhode Island - because of the internet playland, we are able to put our show on the net for other access stations to use if they so desire. One such city that has done so is Los Gatos,CA - which is a small city just outside of San Jose. It also happens to be the HQ of the Blue Goji company.

We just got a message from one of the founders of the B.Goji. They used to be with RedOctane,which is famous for co-inventing Guitar Hero - specifically the guitar controller. Anyways - he's been watching our show for awhile,is a big fan - and they are sending us a Goji play unit for us to test & review on SFJ. The message specifically mentioned TPA compatibility with their device and that it was great working with Farsight on this.

So,while I have done some research on it & I'm somewhat skeptical on just how much fun it will be - I am looking forward to trying it out. When I do so,I'll post my thoughts here...

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
That's great! Looking forward to see how this controller works with TPA. Seems a bit odd how it would actually work since that would be the LAST kind of controller that I'd want to play digital pinball with. When I looked up the Goji controller when it was mentioned, I did a second take (and a few after that as well) thinking I found the wrong thing. Good to hear that we'll be able to actually see what it's all about.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
When this was first announced I took a look at it and my first thought was it could be used to build a mini pin cabinet. I modded an icade core with buttons on the side (love it). Not sure the $ is worth it for the goji - but it does look pretty cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts