Good news!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
From the newsletter:

"We are happy to announce that we've selected a new publisher for the Xbox 360 version of the Pinball Arcade! We are in the final stages of contracting, and we will make an announcement when we know when new tables will be released for the Xbox 360. Thanks for your patience during this transition!"

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Yay! Hopefully all the legal mumbo jumbo doesn't take too long and that this new publisher is a good liason between Farsight and Microsoft.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
THQ right? , naw just kidding im happy for the XBox 360 faithful , so now can we get PS3 up to speed?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
(mumbles something drowsily, brushes the cobwebs off, and starts stumbling toward the faint point of light that has suddenly appeared at the end of the tunnel)

aangel

Jul 7, 2012
We are not out of the woods yet. I need to see just how long it takes from 12-21-12 to whatever date a new table is actually released for the xbox before I start celebrating.

mattenno

Aug 17, 2012
I got rid of my xbox live subscription because of the lack of updates. ill have to get it back when these tables come out.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Now this is great news. I'm so happy I still got my 4360 points reserved. Of course some of this was already going to TPA.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
THQ right? , naw just kidding im happy for the XBox 360 faithful , so now can we get PS3 up to speed?

That was a great one Sinistar!

Fact is we'll probably have to wait until April at the earliest before we see anything new. This has been brought up in other threads, but it takes about 4-6 weeks just to clear through Microsoft compliance. And of course, what M$ will make available out of the 6 developed DLC packs (4,5,6,7,S1,S2) that we're still waiting on has a lot to do with it too.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Yes. Microsoft runs through a lot of tests to make sure stuff works. Makes sure TPA doesn't crash/hang/reboot and that the game appears playable (though they don't verify if it meets the rules or that there are no cheats).

Basically a bunch of people play TPA all day making sure it plays "right" and there's no crash/hang bugs. Maybe even reporting repeatable ball loss bugs and such as well that stop the game cold...

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Another FESTIVUS MIRACLE!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG omg OMG OMG OMG OMG great great news happy happy joy joy.'

Also isn't this great news for the PC release as well? Since now that they have a publisher they can just say screw the whole greenlight process or is that assertion wrong? Either way , I don't care! Xbox DLC here we come!!!!!!!!!! (still going to be at least a month or two though).

I feel ALOT better that I got this as a gift for a few friends now. Keep up the good work Farsight.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Hopefully they push through all 6 packs, pro modes, tournament mode, all the bug fixes, the new interface, everything they can into the next title update. Getting the most bang for their 40,000$.

Also I hope this new publisher takes this as an opportunity to "relaunch" the game, getting some advertisement on the dash, and maybe sales on old DLC and what have you.

Do this right and get the platform off to a strong start in 2013. It can/should be the premiere platform for the game. Let's double or triple our current sales numbers guys! *pretends he works in farsight's marketing dept*

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Yes. Microsoft runs through a lot of tests to make sure stuff works. Makes sure TPA doesn't crash/hang/reboot and that the game appears playable (though they don't verify if it meets the rules or that there are no cheats).

Basically a bunch of people play TPA all day making sure it plays "right" and there's no crash/hang bugs. Maybe even reporting repeatable ball loss bugs and such as well that stop the game cold...

Hm. Unlike with Fallout3, Fallout: NV etc... ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts