Goodbye XBOX

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Well my good friend. It's been nice but I no longer have to care.
I no longer have to wait, no longer have to hope.

You have been burnt by Steam, you should run some cold water over that. Don't break the blisters.

Oh yes, you will have other uses and there are still things to wrap up with you, but your days of flinging around a virtual metal ball are over. I've moved on. It's better this way.

No, no, really. It's not you, it's me...oh who am I kidding...of course it's you, you and your parents and their stupid rules. We're both adults, why should we have to suffer at the hands of your parents.

I've moved on. It's better this way...let's just close this chapter of our lives and say our goodbyes now.

If I were to buy XCOM on Steam as well, you might become a doorstop.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
A touching farewell, superballs.

The PC release is everything the Xbox should have been, and now that it's here, the Xbox is officially a full-time Los Santos tour guide.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I said goodbye to mine in July. Awaiting ps4.

Funnily enough I said goodbye to mine in July too, only I got a PS3 instead.

It's great fun to get a console at the end of it's lifetime to play all the games you missed out on during it's run, I did the same with a GameCube a while back and will give me plenty to play until the next gen consoles drop in price.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Funnily enough I said goodbye to mine in July too, only I got a PS3 instead.

It's great fun to get a console at the end of it's lifetime to play all the games you missed out on during it's run, I did the same with a GameCube a while back and will give me plenty to play until the next gen consoles drop in price.

I actually bought an older wii because it was half the price of a set of component cables for the game cube

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I think at this point it will have minimal impact to even pursue an X360 update. Sure there are some people that still want it but of the original userbase, most are probably moved on to either Steam or just waiting for PS4/XBONE to come out and will never look back to the 360 version. half the people that bring it up on Facebook probably just do it to troll at this point.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I've just about retired every other version of the game. No more playing on my phone with lame touch controls just to get the latest packs. No more playing on PS3 waiting 2 months for new tables to come out. No more hopelessly waiting for the 360. Though I do wish the Vita version got the attention it deserved so I can play it on the go without wincing at the terrible art.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
A touching farewell, superballs.

The PC release is everything the Xbox should have been, and now that it's here, the Xbox is officially a full-time Los Santos tour guide.

I'll be quicker to agree with that as soon as I get a new processor and some more RAM. Other than that.....XBox three-who????

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
This makes me do the big sighing. Really? Two months is sooooooooooo long to wait that it makes more sense to not play at all? Good grief!

Now that it's on Steam and the updates are up to date with the mobiles? Yeah, it does make sense.

My monitor and my TV are one in the same. My PS3 is hooked up to it with fewer tables than my computer. So... which do you think I should be playing?

Adam

Apr 5, 2012
I'm pretty sure I'm done with this game on Xbox. It runs beautifully on my crap video card laptop, has more control options, and actually gets updated on PC. I'm in the "I don't care anymore" club now. At least this nonsense with Microsoft over the past year has made the decision between Xbone and PS4 easy.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Steam version of TPA had a patch 24hrs after it was released. ...And it DIDN'T cost FarSight $20 000 to get MS to approve it. Decision made. D:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Now that it's on Steam and the updates are up to date with the mobiles? Yeah, it does make sense.

My monitor and my TV are one in the same. My PS3 is hooked up to it with fewer tables than my computer. So... which do you think I should be playing?

I misunderstood your post. I thought you were just not going to play instead of waiting for the releases on the PS3. I didn't realize you were going with the PC version.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I just downloaded all of my content my "final" 360. Over 100 games on demand, countless themes, pics , dlc, you name it. I'm packing up the console and I'll give it to my kids some day. We're talking 7 years before I even have kids (that's what I plan anyway) so it'll be pretty vintage by then. But cool for them to see what games were like before virtual reality mind transfusion gaming on PS7.

Question: is my sperm still going to be good at age 36 for kids? Serious question.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I just downloaded all of my content my "final" 360. Over 100 games on demand, countless themes, pics , dlc, you name it. I'm packing up the console and I'll give it to my kids some day. We're talking 7 years before I even have kids (that's what I plan anyway) so it'll be pretty vintage by then. But cool for them to see what games were like before virtual reality mind transfusion gaming on PS7.

Question: is my sperm still going to be good at age 36 for kids? Serious question.

Your body makes sperm every day so it doesn't go stale. It's not like in women. Women have a set number of eggs and when they're out they're out. Sperm count can decline due to hormonal declines but we're talking much later in life. Fifty is the early side. Most men produce enough sperm to father children well into their 70's.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
At least this nonsense with Microsoft over the past year has made the decision between Xbone and PS4 easy.

Most of the nonsense may have originated from Microsoft requiring a publisher, but that they already had because they did PHoF. Then the crap came because Crave went bankrupt. There's nothing Microsoft could so about this, and even if Microsoft could let them, their old Crave contract meant that no matter what Farsight, Microsoft or anyone else other than the courts could do, Farsight was stuck with Crave. Unless all the creditors wanted to sue Farsight for breach of contract.

Steam version of TPA had a patch 24hrs after it was released. ...And it DIDN'T cost FarSight $20 000 to get MS to approve it. Decision made. D:

Only if you assume the PS3 version updates don't cost the same amount of money. Microsoft may be looser with the NDA terms (I doubt it - the $40,000 figure came from Phil Fish, Fez developer who decided that the internet was too nasty and cancelled Fez 2 because of it). Sony may simply have better lawyers and if you say how much it costs to go through Sony's approval, you're kicked out and blacklisted.

Trust me, console development legal terms are VERY nasty.

And assuming the PS4 is better than Xbone? Please. Sony has screwed users over on the PS3 side many times. Hell, they've stolen money from users. My tip of the day - don't buy anything from PSN for the first month for the PS4 - Sony has a nasty habit of removing purchased items if someone even mentions homebrew. See PS Vita and how many games got removed. May even want to let it settle between the homebrewers and Sony. Last thing you want is to have TPA suddenly removed because it could be used to break into the console.

(Despite this, I have both on preorder, and own both Xbox360s and PS3s, one of which can only play games made before April 2011.).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.