Has anyone heard if the Pro-Packs will be a part of the Steam sale?

KRYTEN4000gti

Sep 27, 2013
I know that Steam has now started up their holiday sales (2 between now and 2014) and I was wondering if anyone had heard any comments from FS about whether they were planning to participate now that the season/pro packs are officially listed as DLC on the Steam store?

Thanks!

otto4711

Nov 6, 2013
fx2 was for sale some weeks ago with a discount of 66%

a pinball game no matter how good it is belongs not to steams top selling games
so i guess (and hope :) ) its likely that tpa will be available with a discount too
to boost sales

i will buy it when it will recieve a nice christmas discount
82,98 € (about 112,66 $) for both pro packs is much for "just" a pinball game

41,49 € (nearly 57 $) for both pro packs would sound much better.... :)

btw: i voted for tpa at steam greenlight
so a small discount would be a nice christmas gift :)

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
so a small discount would be a nice christmas gift :)

This is actually way more likely. As in they might be discounted during the winter sale in december. I doubt they'll be in the current one less than a month after release, although anything is possible.

otto4711

Nov 6, 2013
I doubt they'll be in the current one less than a month after release, although anything is possible.

that is what makes steam sales so attractive
even new games are often sold with a nice discount

(after the discount days the prize goes back to normal)

at ( on? ) christmas tpa will be about 2 month old
if i remember correctly fx2 got a nice 66% discount (for a few days) after a smiliar time :)

Retron

Oct 31, 2013
82,98 € (about 112,66 $) for both pro packs is much for "just" a pinball game
Here's an example of some of what our household spent on pinball games in the 90s, when there were dozens of packs being released:

Epic Pinball, £60 - 13 tables
Pinball Dreams, £30 - 4 tables
Pinball Fantasies, £30 - 4 tables

Pinball Illusions, £30 - 4 tables
Pinball Dreams 2, £20 - 4 tables
Psycho Pinball, £20 - 4 tables
Extreme Pinball, £20 - 4 tables

Tilt!, £30 - 6 tables
Pro Pinball The Web, £25 - 1 table
Living Ball, £10 - 1 really long table
Absolute Pinball, £10 - 4 tables

Pro Pinball Timeshock, £25 - 1 table
Slam Tilt, £20 - 4 tables

Pro Pinball BRUSA, £20 - 1 table

Pro Pinball Fantastic Journey, £20 - 1 table

There were others as well (Pinball 2000, Pinball Mania, Pinball 4000 as well as a few more, but I don't have records of the prices for those).

So, adding the above up we get 56 tables for a total of £370, or £6.60 per table on average. Bear in mind that's 1990s pounds, £370 in 1999 would be worth £543 today after inflation.

By comparison, £70 for 41 tables (£1.70 per table) is an absolute bargain. And, even better, they're generally all pretty decent - there's no equivalents of the utter dross that was Living Ball, Absolute Pinball, the water themed tables in Dreams 2 and Epic Pinball etc.

otto4711

Nov 6, 2013
yep but over 80 € is much compared to other games
even if u got over 40 tables

other pc games costs about 40-45 € in a local shop

tpa is a nice game
but a pinball game is something
u 'll play now and then
and to consider most people already bough tpa for mobile devices or ps3 for e.g.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
By comparison, £70 for 41 tables (£1.70 per table) is an absolute bargain. And, even better, they're generally all pretty decent - there's no equivalents of the utter dross that was Living Ball, Absolute Pinball, the water themed tables in Dreams 2 and Epic Pinball etc.

The Android table on Epic Pinball was awesome, never played the others much as I only had the shareware version, but I'm sure that if I got to spend some actual time on them they may have grown on me.

yep but over 80 € is much compared to other games
even if u got over 40 tables

other pc games costs about 40-45 € in a local shop

tpa is a nice game
but a pinball game is something
u 'll play now and then
and to consider most people already bough tpa for mobile devices or ps3 for e.g.

Ok, one more time, It doesn't matter if you bought it for another platform. It simply doesn't.

If you buy FIFA 14 on Steam, and then decide you want to play it on PS3, you don't get it for free. It's as easy as that.
This has been the way it's worked for multiplatform games since multiplatform games have existed.

On another note. Pinball is also the predominant game played by several members of this forum so "now and then" isn't always true. We've even had members buy the XBOX360 simply for TPA, and possibly PS3 as well. (Assuming Nik Barbour is still actually a member).

The game is actually free, with a single table. Already a bargain. You unlock whichever table packs/seasons you want so the game could cost you as little as 5$, to unlock 13 tables as in some of the examples up there would be only 30$, or a little more than any of the Pro Pinball games. Table for table, TPA is a better bargain than ANY of the examples that Retron posted, even more so when adjusted for inflation.

I can personally attest that TPA is 90% of my gaming time...easily, maybe more.

This is also from someone who has purchased 10 tables on XBOX 360, 18 tables(est.) on iOS, all the tables pack by pack on Android and both Seasons on PC so yes, my money is where my mouth is.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
As much as I agree with everything you said superballs since I'm a total nutter when it comes to TPA, I don't think we're the average dude buying these things. This is a total guess but just by going by the size of market segments I'm guessing the biggest moneymaker for Farsight is some dude browsing the app store who played pinball tables as a kid and recognizes it and buys a few packs to slap around on on the way to work or whatever on their iPhone/samsung/whatever. I don't know how that correlates to people buying it on the PC, but I'd guess that sales will actually be beneficial in the long term to get people who otherwise wouldn't get it in. That said, I don't think they should discount anything this soon. Winter sale earliest and then like 20%-33% drop max. That is assuming their licensing agreements even allow them to do discount deals like that. We simply don't know.

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
I don't think we're the average dude buying these things. This is a total guess but just by going by the size of market segments I'm guessing the biggest moneymaker for Farsight is some dude browsing the app store who played pinball tables as a kid and recognizes it and buys a few packs to slap around on on the way to work or whatever on their iPhone/samsung/whatever.

i can tell even more - as i can understand from reading "reviews" on google play TPA's page - much of buyers dont event have a clue that TPA is game about real pinball tables.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
i can tell even more - as i can understand from reading "reviews" on google play TPA's page - much of buyers dont event have a clue that TPA is game about real pinball tables.

I'm just rambling for no good reason at this point, sorry. You might be right, although judging by how things are with other products the main market segment is almost never the same people who actually write reviews about the product.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
As much as I agree with everything you said superballs since I'm a total nutter when it comes to TPA, I don't think we're the average dude buying these things. This is a total guess but just by going by the size of market segments I'm guessing the biggest moneymaker for Farsight is some dude browsing the app store who played pinball tables as a kid and recognizes it and buys a few packs to slap around on on the way to work or whatever on their iPhone/samsung/whatever. I don't know how that correlates to people buying it on the PC, but I'd guess that sales will actually be beneficial in the long term to get people who otherwise wouldn't get it in. That said, I don't think they should discount anything this soon. Winter sale earliest and then like 20%-33% drop max. That is assuming their licensing agreements even allow them to do discount deals like that. We simply don't know.

I wasn't saying that the people here would represent the average sale, I just don't get how people think that buying one version of a game entitles them to having it on another platform.

Though, this is one of the few games I own on multiple platforms, I just used my purchases to indicate that I'm walking the walk and not just talking the talk.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Well, with Season 3 due out soon, Season 2 ending, discounting Season 1 to attract some sales of other tables could be a positive idea really.

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
I can't imagine FS is selling much at full price amidst all of the discounted Steam content.

Even a small token % off would at least get them featured on the front page.

Lalocage

Nov 2, 2013
I can't imagine FS is selling much at full price amidst all of the discounted Steam content.

Even a small token % off would at least get them featured on the front page.
Agree, Im holding the purchase of Season 2 until there is a discount...

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Nice Flash Sale, Codemasters Grid 2 for 9,99 Euro. Offer ends in 1h45m.

On topic, I don't think it's Valve's decision if TPA will be on sale. It's up to Farsight.

Termbro

Nov 11, 2013
On topic, I don't think it's Valve's decision if TPA will be on sale. It's up to Farsight.

It's absolutely not. There was a leaked Valve document telling the dates of this year sales stating that the devs/publishers have to apply beforehand (a month before I think?) for their games to be discounted. Either Farsight didn't want to have any discounts or didn't have time to apply for one. The latter would be funny because even some of the games which debuted days before the sale got like -10% discount. Some of these, like The Last Express, got -25%.

Here's a link to the story: http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/04/steam-autumn-christmas-sale-dates-leaked-via-internal-email-report/

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.