Mar 17, 2012
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: ATI 7970 3GB
Ram: 16GB
Version #: 0.018
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: “2560x1440”

Frequency of Occurrence: All The Time

Comment: Have noticed when in the basement that the main playfield flippers fire as well as the basement flippers, surely when in the basement the main playfield flippers should be deactivated?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I can confirm this. Maybe make the 2nd flipper buttons the secondary flippers, and a reminder that those buttons must be used instead of just the main buttons?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Was that how it was on the real machine then?, the primary flipper buttons for the main playfield and the secondary flipper buttons for the basement and attic?

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Was that how it was on the real machine then?, the primary flipper buttons for the main playfield and the secondary flipper buttons for the basement and attic?

Yup. From the table:

"Green button - upper and lower flippers"
"Red button - middle level flippers"

(from art at IPDB.org)

I remember reading that this had something to do with the electrical system in the table: it would have been too much to load everything onto one pair of buttons. I suspect that's also why this table is single-ball: you'd be jamming both sets of flipper buttons otherwise.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Doh!, did even see that.

I think maybe for connivance sake maybe FS should an option to use just have the 1 set of flipper buttons to control all flipper on the table but maybe when the ball does go into the basement that they program in that the playfield flipper deactivate? Whilst on a real machine this is easy enough to get to grips with on a pad or keyboard it might not be very intuitive

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Whilst on a real machine this is easy enough to get to grips with on a pad or keyboard it might not be very intuitive
in FP and VP you have keys for secondary flippers - it works the same intuitive as in all other games some of which have much more than 15 buttons to control actions. so 2 additional buttons to push dont make the game controls less intuitive: because keyboard and gamepad have enough amount of them, and players use all of them in most games.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Well if they add the option then it will keep both camps happy

of course, and here always is room in menu to make option for "control secondary flippers with main flippers buttons" for people who dont want to push more than 2 buttons ))

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
of course, and here always is room in menu to make option for "control secondary flippers with main flippers buttons" for people who dont want to push more than 2 buttons ))

That would be me!. Just make it more accessible for everyone not just the pinheads

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
That's interesting. Normally they'd want to recreate the table as it actually was and since they have a real one they're probably aware of how it works. So you'd want to use the secondary (i.e. Magnasave) buttons instead. But perhaps that's too cumbersome on a mobile device or they thought new players wouldn't realize it and be frustrated. In this case I'd say it's not the end of the world because the table was apparently not designed to use both sets at the same time.

But it'd still be nice to have the option to play it realistically with separate buttons. It couldn't be a global option, though, because you wouldn't want it to affect things that need to be operated separately like Magnasaves (or other things that might come about like the little flipper on Starship Troopers).

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
as i already said here is nothing too complicated in pusing 4 buttons, especially when it is clearly stated on the table and can be stated in intro window too. why do you think what some people new to pinball are dumb as potato - average gamer know how to operate with much more complicated games than pinball. so if in android/ios version it's hard to implement - no problem but in PC here no obstacles for right control implementation, i think current controls for HH in pc version is simply temporary variant for test.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
alternative/secondary flippers buttons needed in TPA anyway, because here are such games as medusa with zipper flippers feature to activate (yep, i hope to see medusa;))
though zipper mode can be activated with magna save button.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.