how high will these scores get?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Keep in mind that I've never tried a real TZ :)

If it's true that FS indeed did intentionally modify the ramp's collision mesh to make it easier to hit, that's a perfectly valid piece of criticism! I think requesting that FS make that more like the real table is much more constructive, and there's a far bigger chance that they would listen to that than "¤)%(## GMAE IS TOO EAZY PIECEOF****!"#"

All I heard, from FS themselves, though, is that they try to model the objects on the table to be exactly (or as much as possible) like the real thing, so if they are not only failing at that, but doing it intentionally, I'd like to at least hear them defend that choice, because I don't think it flows well with their mission of "recreating and preserving the tables for future generations".
It is true that the tables are deliberately reduced in difficulty: Suggestion for the Table Difficulty Issues

However, it seems that someone may be listening...ST:TNG is much more challenging than would be expected from the previous tables.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
If I don't feel like reading through that entire thread, can you link me to the post where FarSight officially say that that's what they are doing? :) It's not that I don't believe you, I just want to see it.

And congrats on getting ST:TNG the way you guys want. I'm thoroughly looking forward to both it and TZ on X360 some time whenever that might be.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
If I don't feel like reading through that entire thread, can you link me to the post where FarSight officially say that that's what they are doing? :) It's not that I don't believe you, I just want to see it.

And congrats on getting ST:TNG the way you guys want. I'm thoroughly looking forward to both it and TZ on X360 some time whenever that might be.
It's not in a thread here, it was in an interview Bobby gave some time ago: WGN Radio Interview with Bobby King.

And actually, FarSight gave no indication that they were changing the tuning process, so I'm not sure if this is a "test" to see how users respond to harder tables or if ST:TNG just turned out this way from the normal process.

iguanarama

Dec 20, 2012
I would say ST:TNG is a way harder table in RL than TZ, because it has the most unforgiving outlanes imaginable and lots of small targets to hit waaaaaay up the table. I think TZ gets talked about as a harder table because of the ruleset complexity, not the difficulty of general play and making the shots. (With the exception perhaps of the power field.)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I would say ST:TNG is a way harder table in RL than TZ, because it has the most unforgiving outlanes imaginable and lots of small targets to hit waaaaaay up the table. I think TZ gets talked about as a harder table because of the ruleset complexity, not the difficulty of general play and making the shots. (With the exception perhaps of the power field.)
I've played over 1000 games on a real TZ and several hundred on a real ST:TNG. Twilight Zone is definitely the harder table.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Just managed 2.4bn on STTNG I haven't played the real thing very much though so I don't know how it compares.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.