How to install new Updates and DLC tables

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Step 1 : Download the demo (yes I know you have the full version but the demo installs the update to it)
step1.2 DO NOT UNINSTALL THE FULL VERSION FIRST ( you will delete your saved wizard goals and scores)

Step 2 : Allow the demo to install (make sure it's the PS3 game demo and not Vita's )

Step 3 : Play the game from the fresh install and verify you see the new tables in the game (if you bought them already or not)

Step 4 : Highlight unlock this table for each table you want to buy ( If you already bought the Vita version it's ready to go and will not charge you a second time) select DOWNLOAD or BUY , the game will then download the pak / install it , and when you exit the store youll still be in the game , but the tables are now ready to be played.

Last edited:

thorphin

Jun 27, 2012
Probably don't need a "me too", but for any skeptics out there, I did this exact approach and it worked without a hitch.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Also when you go to download the DLC there will be two files. If you don't have a Vita then don't try to download the top one that has Vita in the title.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Here's the same info from FarSight:

We understand that some people are having issues with the latest update on PS3 of the Pinball Arcade. Please follow these steps:
1. Re-download the "Pinball Arcade Demo" and the "Pinball Arcade Full Game Unlock" from PSN Games. You shouldn’t have to delete the old version of the game.

2. Install the "Pinball Arcade Demo". When you open the game the trial versions of the new tables should be in the menu.

3. Make sure to download the Add On Packs after you have re-downloaded the "Pinball Arcade Demo".

If this doesn’t work, deleting the old version and then following these steps should certainly work.

This is a onetime issue on PS3 due to a bug that we have fixed regarding PSN updates in our game. This is not an issue on the PSVita version. We apologize any inconvenience.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
After step 4 do you then delete the old version you had on your PS3 or do you have to keep it there forever?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
DO NOT UNINSTALL THE FULL VERSION FIRST ( you will delete your saved wizard goals and scores)*
This isn't correct. You can delete your installed game without affecting your progress since its saved under the PS3 Save Data (and possibly also in the PSN Cloud if you are a Plus member).
This isn't an iOS device! ;)

I jut used Farsight's directions and they worked like a charm:
Delete, install, download DLC while in game.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
But it is not necessary to delete. So if you want to you can save yourself a step. I did not delete when I reinstalled and everything worked out fine.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
But it is not necessary to delete. So if you want to you can save yourself a step. I did not delete when I reinstalled and everything worked out fine.

Right, but my main point was that it should be made clear that those who followed Farsight's
directions didn't lose all their Goal progress and high scores in the process.

Pericles

May 30, 2012
Ok guys, I JUST got my PS3. I am going to ask the last stupid obvious question (stupid because i think you guys already answered it.)

I have bought the Core game and all DLC on the Vita. By downloading the demo on PS3, I got the core tables, BOP and MM. However, when I try to open Funhouse and CV it asks me to unlock the game. Clicking through, it brings me to the store and I see the price of 3.99 (or whatever it is)

So, I should just download and unlock and it will not charge me... right?

Cheers,
P

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Ok guys, I JUST got my PS3. I am going to ask the last stupid obvious question (stupid because i think you guys already answered it.)

I have bought the Core game and all DLC on the Vita. By downloading the demo on PS3, I got the core tables, BOP and MM. However, when I try to open Funhouse and CV it asks me to unlock the game. Clicking through, it brings me to the store and I see the price of 3.99 (or whatever it is)

So, I should just download and unlock and it will not charge me... right?

Cheers,
P

If you go into Account Management > Transaction Management > Download List

You can see and download the unlock file you have paid for.

353cjg2.jpg

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
It should be listed as free in the store , unless they have changed things since last month . You should be seeing the store link via the game on PS3 and use that to obtain and download the DLC pack 2 tables , but as jrolson advised you, go to account management and make sure they know you bought it on the Vita to be on the safe side. and LET US KNOW here what happens .Good or Bad

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts