How to keep FreeCamera mod from updating itself/other questions.

idunder

Jan 15, 2017
Awesome add-on, the only trouble and is pretty frustrating is the difference in updates between the two.. Which then causes issues because of its auto update mechanism.

I run PBA in offline mode so I keep it from updating, and then free camera mod auto updates and says this version is not supported, so I update PBA and then free camera mod does not work because PBA is too new.

Seems like 50% of the time I cannot use it because of this.

How can I create the offline file so I can then block free camera mod with my firewall?

Also how does one download a specific version of Free camera mod, for example if I am using DX11 1.57.12, free camera mod updates itself to ONLY support 1.57.15, how can I download the 1.57.12 version of Free Camera Mod?

Thanks

Last edited:

idunder

Jan 15, 2017
Awesome add-on, the only trouble and is pretty frustrating is the difference in updates between the two.. Which then causes issues because of its auto update mechanism.

I run PBA in offline mode so I keep it from updating, and then free camera mod auto updates and says this version is not supported, so I update PBA and then free camera mod does not work because PBA is too new.

Seems like 50% of the time I cannot use it because of this.

How can I create the offline file so I can then block free camera mod with my firewall?

Also how does one download a specific version of Free camera mod, for example if I am using DX11 1.57.12, free camera mod updates itself to ONLY support 1.57.15, how can I download the 1.57.12 version of Free Camera Mod?

Thanks

Well I figured out if your connected to the Internet you can create the offline file by double clicking on the icon in the task bar. The offline file seems to be specific to the version of free camera mod, if you don't re-do it after updating, that seems to cause trouble also from what I saw. I am going to use a separate computer to download new versions of free camera mod (and pinball arcade) to confirm it supports the current version before copying over to my cabinet and updating Pinball Arcade. It seems counterintuitive, it is a great add-on though:)

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Yes the offline file contains the game version and will only work on this particular version of the game, it isn't binded to a specific mod build, it should work on any mod's version.
What it does exactly when you create an offline file is retrieving all the needed infos for the current version of the game from my server and store them in the file, this way the mod has everything it needs even if there is no internet connection.
If the game is updated, the infos stored in the offline file are obsolete and the mod won't work, once you have an offline file for a specific game's version, don't update the game.

Steps: Update game + mod to last version > create offline file > block mod + game with firewall (when mod can't connect to server, it checks if an offline file exists) > play.

idunder

Jan 15, 2017
Got it, thanks.

I see it was updated again and now has a right click menu with more options. Cool.

Thanks for making an add on that makes this allot more enjoyable with a cabinet.

GzStation

Jun 9, 2017
Do we need to moove those files

Hi!

Do we need to put generated files that FreeCamera mod have downloaded with the offline fonction outside of his folder or what...

It's the third time i try to work on my pinball cabinet setup and a new version of one or the other happen... and i need to wait until the next time...
I need to understand how this work... wich port i need to block... Wich file to put where....

Thank's for your help and it's a so nice work.

Last edited:

ordovice

Aug 15, 2017
On Windows, you can create an outbound firewall rule that blocks specific executables from talking to the internet. Mine just has the TPAFreeCamMod.exe file referenced. Otherwise you can block all traffic to noex's IP, but if he changes IP or hosts then that will break.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.