i borrowed an ipad, can i play my TPA games on it without paying again?

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
i borrowed an ipad2 because i'll be out in Asia for nearly six weeks soon, and wanted to be able to

(1) see my baby by Skype for 2 weeks in the middle while me n the wife are out in Japan for a fortnight, while baby stays with his grandma in Taipei

(2) play TPA (ThePinballArcade) on it. i have this on my iphone and have bought all the tables, does this mean i can play them all on the borrowed ipad without having to pay for them all over again?

hopefully Skype will simply be a case of signing in, but what about the apps from the app store? do i log in with my apple ID? will this try to install all my other apps on my friend's ipad?

any and all tech help gratefully welcomed

Dan

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
if you login with your apple id to download and authenticate the app it should work, i think!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
hey dan,

just use your own account for tpa and skype youll be grand, it will only install what you tell it to.

if you have any other questions feel free to ask

enjoy the trip

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
my worry is this: i posted the same on my pinball forum and someone said:

But the issue is that an IOS device can only be associated with a single account and changing it will (I think) wipe any Apps that were bought by the previous user.

If you want to be 100% sure i'd highly recommend the person loaning you it takes a full backup of the device first. Once they've done that then just factory reset it and configure it as if it's your own - then re-download the Apps needed. When you give them it back they can just restore from their backup.

trouble is, my friend is not around to do a backup, and if i do it on my laptop (using my itunes) it will mess up my account or something.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
my worry is this: i posted the same on my pinball forum and someone said:

But the issue is that an IOS device can only be associated with a single account and changing it will (I think) wipe any Apps that were bought by the previous user.

This is not correct information. You only have to worry about this when SYNCING. This is what you need to do...
- Open on the "app store" app and touch the "featured" icon in the bottom left corner.
- Scroll to bottom of screen and touch "Apple ID", then Sign Out.
- Sign in with your apple id
- Install TPA and restore purchases
- Sign out your apple id again in the "app store"

As long as you don't sync none of his apps will be removed. When he syncs the TPA app will be removed.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
This is true, I have used two accounts on my iPad simultaneously, but only one active account will sync.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Ok I'm nearly there now. I signed in with my apple ID and downloaded all my tables, only the HOF points are still problematic.

In the leader boards page it correctly sees my points under Game Centre and under Farsight as 5615, and even on the compare vs your FB friends thingy is has me correct. But on the main page where all my tables are listed to the left, it only gives me 928 points.

I signed out and back in. I rebooted the iPad. I even installed all my saved progress files using Funbox from the library/private folder that I've got backed up on my laptop, which works on my iphone. Same story. Any suggestions?

Thanks fellas.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
There's no reason to use iFunbox anymore since you can do remote saves/restores.

Just do a remote save from your main device then a remote backup with the temp device.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts