I guess I know why it has the dot on iOS...

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, I managed to break NGG on TPA!

Somehow, I got a ball stuck somewhere in the machine - enough so that every time I lock a ball or put it into the hole, the ball doesn't get ejected properly. The machine actually managed to eject the ball once after going through its ball search routine twice. Then I locked it and it really got stuck. So bad that after a doing the ball search a few times, it gave up and gave me a new ball in the launcher. Oddly, when I locked other balls, they came out OK. And no, during the ball search "Call attendant" didn't work.

And from then on, it would give a serious pause after I drain the ball maybe hoping the ball would unstick and fall down as well. Of course, on TPA, a new game continuing resets the table, but the machine still believes a ball is stuck - everytime I locked the ball, it promptly ejected it rather than giving me a new one in the launcher. As per typical Williams compensation behavior

Alas, I never scored a high enough score, so when I quit the table, it got all reset.

(FYI - that dot on Williams machines means something is wrong. It's not supposed to be there on a properly working machine (it means something is wrong, and the machine is compensating for that something).

Oh well, time to try to break the machine again! Or perhaps, TPA is so real, it even simulates broken machines.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I've had lock lit, only to have to hit it several times to get the ball to actually lock, the other times it simply gets ejected into the pops on the left.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I've had lock lit, only to have to hit it several times to get the ball to actually lock, the other times it simply gets ejected into the pops on the left.

I've found in 1.1.9, this happens a lot, especially with the Bud lock - hit it too hard and it goes into the putting hole. In 1.1.8, this wasn't a problem.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
OK, I had one game where it was REALLY sick.

I got a 3 ball "multiball" off to begin with (happens if the last game had Bud and Buzz locked). Shot a ball through to the Buzz lock, and I might have shot another into it as well because not only did the lock not register, no further balls registered and you can hear the buzzing of the balls. The machine didn't seem to mind, though every time I locked the ball it had to go into ball search to get me a ball to play.

That was the setup for a couple of games later when I shot another ball into Buzz, and it didn't register (but the buzzing came back - I guess the old balls didn't get cleared). Well, it was a particularly good game, so balls kept getting stuck in Buzz until the machine effectively could not find anymore balls (and Buzz was not registering). Luckily Call Attendant did work and put all 4 balls back into the launcher, except the autolaunch was too weak. But tap the right flipper and the manual launch worked except TPA refused to get out of ball launch mode and control of the flipper, so I watched as the balls cleared themselves, and the ball grace timer sends more balls flying around the table.

But even then the machine didn't feel right. A few more games afterwards and it seemed to be much happier.

Oh, and several times, balls flew out of the table. Always great fun - though I think TPA has got their quantum-mechanics constants wrong - just because they CAN go through solid substances, doesn't mean they happen that often. At least, I've never seen signs warning me about loose balls all over the floor in real life, nor get a chance to see one pop out of a machine I played (or warning signs for people to not stand beside the machines lest a ball comes flying through the cabinet).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts