If you could only own one table...

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
I would get a STTNG, the gameplay itself is great, and I just love the theme. Unfortunately I can find nowhere to play it anywhere in southern california

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I would get a STTNG, the gameplay itself is great, and I just love the theme. Unfortunately I can find nowhere to play it anywhere in southern california

As a fellow SoCal resident, where DO you find tables to play? Apart from Pins and Needles in LA, I don't know of anywhere that has more than 2 tables at any given time. Got any places to recommend?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Most of 'em have closed down, and the two I've been to in the past 2 years, one in Upland, the other in Anaheim Hills, either had no pins or every last one was busted to the point of being unplayable.

Mmmbacon

Jul 6, 2012
I'd have to go with AFM. I love the style of artwork. And since you were going to only have one machine, and your guests surely would want to play said machine, I think AMF would be good as its accessable to the non wizard.

Blueshirt

Nov 17, 2012
Bride of Pinbot, probably. There's other hot contenders, like AFM and TAF, but Bride is my favorite pin, methinks.

Tartpop

Sep 3, 2012
Creature From The Black Lagoon, for me. I've been dying to play the TPA version. When I lived in santa cruz, there ws a 24 hour donut shop that had it. They had a packing tape repair over the snack bar hole, and sometimes the ball would get stuck on top of it & the guy behind the counter would come out & help me tip the machine up on the front legs (!) to free it. Man, looking back, i can't believe we did that. But yeah, it's my #1.

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
As a fellow SoCal resident, where DO you find tables to play? Apart from Pins and Needles in LA, I don't know of anywhere that has more than 2 tables at any given time. Got any places to recommend?

I usually find stuff on this website : http://www.pinballmap.com/la

To be honest I have not played much real pinball since I moved back down to SoCal at the beginning of summer. Family Amusement Corporation actually had a pretty decent collection of pins in above average condition, but I have not been there in a while. Recently I have been playing TPA and reminiscing about the glorious pinball scene in the bay area :(

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Cirqus Voltaire. Easily. after playing it on TPA, I want the real thing, but looking it up on some locators, it doesn't seem to be available at all in the whole of South Jersey! The closest one is in Delaware! Screw that!

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire. Easily. after playing it on TPA, I want the real thing, but looking it up on some locators, it doesn't seem to be available at all in the whole of South Jersey! The closest one is in Delaware! Screw that!

Same here. Cirqus Voltaire or TOTAN. a better than perfect massively modded version.
I've found both, but not in the shape I want for less then $10,000. Still searching...

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
AC/DC sounds tempting too though. If each song indeed has it's own set of rules, that makes for great replay value.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Its only a case of a song having different scoring requirements like hitting pops or ramps depending on the song.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Not much unlike the differing modes of oh so many pinballgames then. :(

Tales Of Arabian Nights, (that, and Theatre of Magic) are classy picks too by the way. Both gorgeous looking cabinets.

Alaeriia

Jul 21, 2012
I'm going to make a case for a pin that doesn't exist in physical form yet: Timeshock.

It has a deep ruleset, a nice flowing layout (of course, nobody can touch BRUSA for flow), and the multiball is immensely satisfying. Further, who wouldn't want to have a ten-ball multiball? The whole package is just lovely, although that crystal toy would be a pain to maintain.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.