iOS - Request iOS 8 'Metal'

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
ive read the new specs beyond the media its a why to lock you into a single system with minimal benfit, if you like facts ill provide some

thats to terminator btw sorry to say media hype

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
You guys who want "metal" support realize if the GPU works harder (and it will to push out better lighting, etc), you will probably be the first to complain that battery life REALLY sucks now, right?

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
I don't know the facts, but im pretty sure this new API in conjunction with iOS 8 WILL boost overall app performance IF the app utilizes this software from the ground up on new apps. We will have to wait and see this on new apps soon.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
You guys who want "metal" support realize if the GPU works harder (and it will to push out better lighting, etc), you will probably be the first to complain that battery life REALLY sucks now, right?

Good point.

I'm fine with how the game looks now. It's 60fps and it's clean. I don't need my cell phone games to match Xbox 360 graphics to be happy. Battery life is very important, it's a phone first and foremost. If I find myself in the waiting room at the doctors and want to play pinball, I don't want to lose an entire days battery as a result.

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
I highly doubt you will have battery issues with iOS 8 on a A8+ chip. You do realise apple can optimise hardware and software better than anyone. You should know, you own apple tech right? I can understand A7 (iPad Air & iPhone 5s possibly having power issues with metal.

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
This fall with the new iPhone announcement for everyone, but beta version is available today for developers.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Mmmm sugar water and some citric acid with food colouring. It's the nectar of champions. [MENTION=580]Heretic[/MENTION]

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
I believe in apple, they will deliver the tools needed to devs for superior apps, just waiting for FS to implement and work with this API. Y'all drinking kool aid anyways by playing TBA

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
so i take it the two champions of metal have never tkuched a line of code?

their are a few qualifications, but this will not happen with tpa, the resorces just arent there

ea and gameloft can afford to rebuild using a new api many many others cant.

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
What are you arguing endlessly and needlessly on and on about exactly?

It's clear metal can give a significant improvement to supported games (in correct on topic support of the thread), which is why I posted the above. If you're only here to ***** about certain developers who may or may not support it the future, you're made that point clear. If you are arguing technical improvements aren't there, you're wrong, clearly.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts