Bug iOS Version 3.1.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for iOS version 3.1.0 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
Device/OS: iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Bug Description: Touch screen doesn't work at far bottom-right, for right flipper, for games with launch buttons, even though the launch button is on top.

Steps To Reproduce: Play a game with a launch button, such as T2 or Attack From Mars.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: This only happens on games with launch buttons, such as T2 or Attack From Mars. But games without launch buttons, such as Big Shot do not have this issue. I found that by going into the Table Menu's Options and cycling through the Button Positions, until it's back on Top, it will correct the issue for that session (but will be a problem again when launching the game later). I'm using Touch Scheme type A.

Even though the launch button is on top, the right flipper only works when touching the green area. It does nothing if I touch the red area (although that's where my thumb naturally wants to go, so it's pretty annoying).
tpa.jpg

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
Device/OS: Ipad2, probably all IOS

Bug Description: As has often been mentioned, Fish Tales bonus count incorrectly waits for the music to finish resulting in a long wait between balls. Has already been fixed on Android version

Steps To Reproduce: play Fish Tales, drain ball.

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013

Bug Description: fish Tales initial entry does not function correctly if entering initials for anything other than a high score. Player has to wait for 20 seconds or more for UI to advance.

Steps To Reproduce: Play good game in Fish Tales that requires initial entry more than once.

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013

Bug Description: Ball hits Extra Ball target when dribbling out of bumpers making Extra Ball collection way too easy (especially as it's given as the first award)

Steps To Reproduce: Feed ball into bumpers when extra ball target is lit, it is likely to hit the target on the way out. I have not known a real table to do this.

Frequency: 70%

LurkerCreep

Apr 26, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 2 (iOS 6.0.1) and iPhone 5s (iOS 7.0.4)

Bug Description: In Fish Tales, after shooting a ball into the Caster's Club and the ball is launched toward the Fishing Reel, the ball will occasionally bounce out of the Fishing Reel and back up the rail a little ways. When this happens, the Fishing Reel rotates causing the ball to roll into the next lock position. The table seems to lose track of the ball and the Fishing Reel continues to rotate (looking for the ball?) until the ball is dumped out to the catapult. By the time this happens, a new ball has been loaded onto the plunger. Both balls are then launched near simultaneously. The result is 2 balls in play without actually being in multiball mode.

Steps to Reproduce: Shoot ball into the Catchers Club. It doesn't seem to matter whether it is lock 1,2, or 3.

Frequency: ~20% to %30 (I may be overestimating just a little bit, I'm no statistician)

Additional Comments: On a positive note, losing one of the 2 balls does not register as a drain, suggesting the table knows there are 2 balls in play. This is not a game breaking bug, but it does need to be addressed.

Last edited:

invalidname

May 29, 2013
Device/OS: iOS 7.0.3

Bug Description: Pin Bot Sun Special does not register as wizard goal

Steps To Reproduce: Advance through all the planets and then the Sun on Pin Bot. This lights the right target for a special. Hit it. The special is awarded, but the wizard goal "Earn the Sun Special" does not get checked off.

Frequency: I've hit the sun special twice and my wizard goals still show this goal as not being completed.

Additional Comments:

JSD1985

Jan 20, 2014
Issues

Hi everyone,

Below are some issues I have. Hopefully most of these can be fixes a.s.a.p. by FarSight.

Device/OS: Apple iPad Air (iOS 7.0.4)

Bug Description: When I click on the ‘Achievements’ buttons in the game, it brings up the Game Center achievements page and shows my achievements. When I launch ‘Game Center’ directly from iOS 7 and click on ‘Games’ I see ‘Pinball Arcade’ under ‘My iOS-games’. It tells me that I have 9 out of the 500 points (which is correct). However, if I click on ‘Pinball Arcade’ and go to the ‘Achievements’ page, it says that I have 0 points and all achievements show a question mark.

Steps To Reproduce: n.a.

Frequency: Whenever an achievement is collected.

Additional Comments: It looks like an Apple issue. It happens with other games as well.

Bug Description: I also miss achievements for some games. For example, I can’t find achievements for the Fish Tales table? I know that trophies are not supported for the PlayStation because the maximum trophy list size is reached. Is the also the case with iOS? Is 500 points the maximum for a iOS game?

Steps To Reproduce: n.a.

Frequency: n.a.

Additional Comments: n.a.

Bug Description: The game crashes when I click on the ‘Tournament’ button.

Steps To Reproduce: Click on the ‘Tournament’ button.

Frequency: Everytime you click on the ‘Tournament’ button.

Bug Description: I created a Pinball Arcade account when I first started the game on the iPad. However, when I click on the 'Logout' button, and I log in again, all my settings are gone. I'm missing the local highscores and the goals I've achieved. Is there a way to sync these settings with your Pinball Arcade account? I'm missing the purpose of this account right now.

Steps To Reproduce: Click on the ‘Logout’ button and login again.

Frequency: Everytime you logout.

Bug Description: The 'Pinball Arcade' app does not connect with Facebook. Sometimes it asks me if I want to post a high score to Facebook or compare scores with Facebook friends. Whenever I receive a message that Pinball Arcade wants to connect to Facebook, the pop-up screen freezes and all I can do is click 'Cancel'.

Steps To Reproduce: Accept the connection with Facebook each time you get a highscore.

Frequency: n.a.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
Device/OS: iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Bug Description:
Turning Sound off in options doesn't stick

Steps To Reproduce:
Turn sound off in a game
Press home button, turn on music or a podcast or something, go back to game.
Game sound resumes eventually, sometimes with backing music doubled or tripled.

Frequency:
Always

Additional Comments:
Sometimes if you turn the sound off and just stay in TPA, the sound comes back on its own eventually anyway! Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts