Is the camera shot too hard?

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I admit I haven't played a real TZ since it was released, but on ios this shot seems really hard to make. I also admit to playing TZ on vpinmame which might not be entirely accurate, but on TPA I must have made the camera shot one out of a hundred games.

I realise I could be wrong as I haven't played a real TZ recently, but I was just wondering is this shot was as hard to make on a real machine?

Seren... Sean! Your thoughts?

Cheers. Rob

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Is the camera shot the one above the shot that leads to the bumpers? Try holding the upper left flipper up so there is more room to make the shot.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
There's an issue where if you hit the Camera shot really hard, the ball will travel up to the gumball machine and back down. Tripping the switch up there causes the machine to think the Camera was hit because the gumball machine just dispensed a ball, so you don't get your Camera award or jet bumper advance.

As far actually making the Camera shot, I've not noticed any undue difficulty with it on iOS or PC.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I have much more trouble hitting the gum ball shot to the right of the slot machine. Anyone have tips for this one?

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

I wait till just before the pinball rolls off the left flipper then hit it. Perfect shot everytime on android.

Same - can hit that 100%

Also good at the slot machine.

Ball lock 50% accuracy at best.

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
I admit I haven't played a real TZ since it was released, but on ios this shot seems really hard to make. I also admit to playing TZ on vpinmame which might not be entirely accurate, but on TPA I must have made the camera shot one out of a hundred games.

I think the camera shot is a little harder than on a real TZ, because the "Shoot Here to Load Gumball When Lit" sign blocks your view of the ball coming down the right orbit. On a real table you can shift your view easily, which gives you more time to set up Camera shots (especially when Camera Helper is active).

The shot I've never had any luck with is banking a shot from the upper right flipper off the upper left flipper into the piano. I used to be able to do this with about 25% reliability on a real TZ, but I don't think I've managed it even once in TPA. Has anyone else?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
The shot I've never had any luck with is banking a shot from the upper right flipper off the upper left flipper into the piano. I used to be able to do this with about 25% reliability on a real TZ, but I don't think I've managed it even once in TPA. Has anyone else?

Yes, but never intentionally.

tcvpin

Dec 3, 2012
Make sure to make that shot bigger by hitting that left flipper. Helps a lot.

So, the whole idea is to tap the upper right flipper to shoot the ball toward the camera and hold the upper left flipper up so you have a better chance of getting the camera?

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Exactly. You can also hit the camera from the lower right flipper by hitting the bottom of the raised upper left flipper.

tcvpin

Dec 3, 2012
Exactly. You can also hit the camera from the lower right flipper by hitting the bottom of the raised upper left flipper.

Thanks. Gotta admit though, I am so new to pinball I am not at all able to be that coordinated yet. :)

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
Thanks for the advice re: the upper right flipper. Moving this "up" made the Camera shot an 80% successful effort, versus the previous 40% success I was having.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts