January Table of the Month

N

netizen

Did I read Pin Wiz's news correctly?

The Table of the Month for the Table Add-On Pack #8 update on Android and iOS in January will be the Pro Version of Medieval Madness.

The Pro Version? with full access to the operator menu and every thing?

I expect some confusion unless there is some very distinct, in 24 Font flashing, Bold, Underlined, messages at the beginning and end of every game that the Pro Features are not part of the regular tables. Otherwise the "Facebook entitlement squad" will be out in full force expecting this on every table every time, with no regard to anything that gets explained to them, no matter how honestly it is told to them.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Did I read Pin Wiz's news correctly?

The Pro Version? with full access to the operator menu and every thing?

I expect some confusion unless there is some very distinct, in 24 Font flashing, Bold, Underlined, messages at the beginning and end of every game that the Pro Features are not part of the regular tables. Otherwise the "Facebook entitlement squad" will be out in full force expecting this on every table every time, with no regard to anything that gets explained to them, no matter how honestly it is told to them.
Seems like a good idea to me. Most people probably don't know what the Pro Menu entails, and so this may draw some people in who may not have otherwise bothered. Plus, MM is a good one to do this with, since the Pro Menu allows you to disable family mode.

Terry Ingram

Sep 14, 2012
Otherwise the "Facebook entitlement squad" will be out in full force expecting this on every table every time, with no regard to anything that gets explained to them, no matter how honestly it is told to them.

Isn't that the truth. It's almost next to impossible even visiting the Facebook page.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
On Facebook, a good chunk of my friends and family are hard enough to deal with. Farsight's page convinces me that they are masochists.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Seems like a good idea to me. Most people probably don't know what the Pro Menu entails, and so this may draw some people in who may not have otherwise bothered. Plus, MM is a good one to do this with, since the Pro Menu allows you to disable family mode.

Except the table never had family mode on in the first place.

Buying pro actually reverts the game to family mode by default. Meaning you have to then go into the pro menu to turn it off manually, which then reverts the game to the state it has always been in on pinball arcade.

It's a little dubious on farsights end, because new customers might think they need to buy pro mode to turn off the censorship when that isn't the case. They also lied in their newsletter. Consider that 3.99 I wasted unofficial kickstarter money, farsight.

Last edited:
N

netizen

Except the table never had family mode on in the first place.

Aren't there more risqué messages from the Princess when Family mode is disabled? Or is my memory making things all smeared together.

Buying pro actually reverts the game to family mode by default.

No it doesn't. Buying Pro doesn't change the table in any way. The Free Play table will remain the way it has always been. The Pro Mode will be the Pro Mode and you can set it up however you want. Don't blame user error/ignorance on Far Sight. All you have done so far is prove the theme of this thread's creation.

The "I'm Howard Hurtz who the *bleep* are you" doesn't get uncensored no matter what version you have. That requires a different ROM to be loaded, which means a physical IRL table.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Aren't there more risqué messages from the Princess when Family mode is disabled? Or is my memory making things all smeared together.

To answer your question, no, no there aren't any additional quotes. At all.

No it doesn't. Buying Pro doesn't change the table in any way. The Free Play table will remain the way it has always been. The Pro Mode will be the Pro Mode and you can set it up however you want. Don't blame user error/ignorance on Far Sight. All you have done so far is prove the theme of this thread's creation.

The "I'm Howard Hurtz who the *bleep* are you" doesn't get uncensored no matter what version you have. That requires a different ROM to be loaded, which means a physical IRL table.

Yes. Yes it does.

There are 2 settings. Family Mode off, and Family Mode On. When you turn on the operators menu, it AUTOMATICALLY sets it to ON. I am not wrong on that. With Elvira it was the opposite.

And when it's on, it's really censored, as in, half the quotes are missing and the DMD will display a big "CENSORED" message on it.

Off is exactly the same rom setting that it has been since day 1, non-pro MM.

I'm aware (now) that Howard Hurtz isn't unbleeped only in unnoffical roms. In Family Mode Howard Hurtz doesn't even use the censored line. Actually I'm pretty sure he doesn't say anything! I'm not exaggerating, the censorship in family mode is rediculous.

The newsletter lied and I feel cheated for buying it. I expected extra dialog and I was mislead by the newsletter. I swear I'm the only person who bought it because NO ONE is talking about it. You'll all find out with the table of the month.

Basically, you're paying 3.99 FOR family mode lol.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
And for the record, I do not feel that anything in Elvira is any worse than what's in Medieval Madness. Yet Family Mode is set Off in the non-pro MM but they charged extra to turn it off for Elvira. In my opinion Farsight saw an opportunity to add an incentive to purchasing pro, and took it, rather than Elvira simply being "too raunchy" (hell you could make an arguement that Madness is the raunchier table).

I understand business, and I know sometimes it's shady and it's the nature of the beast. But what I don't like is being lied to. The newsletter was full of crap.

Last edited:
N

netizen

There are 2 settings. Family Mode off, and Family Mode On. When you turn on the operators menu, it AUTOMATICALLY sets it to ON. I am not wrong on that.

Basically, you're paying 3.99 FOR family mode lol.

In the Operators Menu there are 2 settings for family mode; No (Fac. Setting) and Yes. Playing with Family Mode On, yes selected, doesn't change anything on the DMD; meaning there are no "CENSORED" messages displayed.
Screenshot_2013-01-01-19-17-30.png

You have helped me find some new and refine some existing bugs in the operators menu.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Dude you really need to do your homework instead of just trying to question everything I say. Save a damsel then tell me there's not "censored!" displayed on the DMD. Stop embarassing yourself and either learn to trust fellow posters who know what they're talking about or play the damn game in family mode for 3 minutes before you jump to conclusions.

Last edited:

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I must have missed out on the entire "Table of the month" concept for mobile devices - Is there a current one?

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
You guys are having a severe case of misunderstanding.

There shouldn't be any.

Facts:

Family Mode is heavily censored. Family mode is NOT turned on in the regular, non-pro Medieval Madness pinball arcade release!. I repeat. All the dialog and banter that you've enjoyed in MM since it was released early last year is not censored in any way. That is what the table sounds like, in real life, with family mode OFF.

If you have heard a Madness IRL that curses, it's an unofficial rom hack. Howard Hurtz saying "who the 'bleep' are you" is Family Mode Off. With Family Mode On guess what he says? NOTHING!

Purchasing Pro Mode for MM does not give you any additional Damsel or Peasant or Joust or Castle dialog in any way, shape or form. I repeat. There is no "extra raunchy" version or "extra non family" mode. There are only the two settings. Yes, the newletter is completely false/misleading. Posters like netizen it is not your fault I expected the same thing, but after purchasing Pro and realizing it was no different I did research and found out the truth.

Family mode off in Pro Mode is identical to the regular base game you've played for close to a year in every way. Purchasing Pro Mode doesn't give you some special, extra uncensored version instead it gives you access to Family Mode. That's right. In essense, you are paying 3.99 for access to turn family mode on!. Which it does when you turn on the operators menu lol.

If you expected to hear extra damsel dialog, or extra raunchiness by purchasing pro in any way shape or form, don't, because there isn't any. It's that simple. The newsletter lied period, end of story. There is nothing further to discuss or misunderstand. These are the facts.

-EDIT- Thank you very much, Carl. I was just about to pull up the quote!

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Excerpt from Newsletter:

Rumor has it that you can use the operator's menu in Medieval Madness Pro to turn off Family Mode and hear the original voice-over from the unrated ROM as you play the game- very cool!

Mark is correct.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Wow... that is deeply uncool of FS to lie in the newsletter to drum up Pro Mode sales. ...'Course since I bought the thing on 360 on day 1, and am hoping to switch over to Wii U as my main platform for it, not really an issue for me, yet.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Dude you really need to do your homework instead of just trying to question everything I say. Save a damsel then tell me there's not "censored!" displayed on the DMD. Stop embarassing yourself and either learn to trust fellow posters who know what they're talking about or play the damn game in family mode for 3 minutes before you jump to conclusions.

Calm down, man. At least you edited to make it sound a little better, but still...there's no sense in getting bent out of shape with other members over stuff like this. :)

BTW, Mike posted a little info on this back when MM first came out:

"Medieval for instance, had some sounds with 2 different versions. One R rated and one bleeped. We overwrote the R rated sounds with the bleeped ones so there wouldn't be any "hot coffee mod" like incident or issues with ERSB and other ratings."

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...n-Medieval-Madness?p=3789&viewfull=1#post3789

Last edited:

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
...Mike posted a little info on this back when MM first came out:

"Medieval for instance, had some sounds with 2 different versions. One R rated and one bleeped. We overwrote the R rated sounds with the bleeped ones so there wouldn't be any "hot coffee mod" like incident or issues with ERSB and other ratings."
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...n-Medieval-Madness?p=3789&viewfull=1#post3789

Still confused Jeff. AFAIK the non-bleeped Howard Hurtz is on a totally unofficial ROM.
So would WMS even allow FS to use that?

On Mark's other points:

1. Misleading newsletter a BIG black mark to FS on this whole 'Pro Table' thing.

2. On SS I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt-even though the table's Default state is Family Mode set to Off. No more-Seems it's just a sneaky money maker-Tut tut.

Andy

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.