Request KISS, Q-Bert's Quest, Challenger, and The Pirates of The Caribbean

foxbravo7547

Jul 13, 2013
I'd like to see

KISS - 1978 (Bally)

Q-Bert's Quest - 1983 (Gottlieb)

Challenger - 1971 (Gottlieb)

Pirates of The Caribean - 2006 (Stern)

I have played the real machines and are all very fun and addicting.

KISS is an awesome classic table to play that is very fun and also features a great soundboard and all band members' faces on the Jet bumpers.

Q-Bert's Quest is another very fun and exciting table that features a real unique playfield along with flippers below the main ones, so that if a ball goes down the side of the gutter you can hit it with the flippers to save your ball. Not many we're made.

Challenger is a multiplayer pinball machine that is probably the most unique table I've ever seen. Both players sit on the opposite end and when the game starts, it is player 1's turn. When they lose the ball, the table tilts the other way so that player 2 can take their turn. Only 110 of these were made and it definitely belongs in The Pinball Arcade.

Pirates of The Caribbean is a very common pinball machine that is addicting to play. It features a model ship that sinks into the playfield when destroyed, it also has a spinning platform very much like the one in Dr. Dude and his excellent Ray, and lastly has a working treasure chest that opens up.

All of these tables are very fun and I'd love to see them in The Pinball Arcade.

Thank you

Last edited:
N

netizen

Kiss and POTC are on the list of will probably never happen due to licensing restrictions.

Kiss due to the music, POTC has that magical kingdom of lawyers and actors likenesses on it.

FarSight needs T2's kickstarter to succeed in a big way to even start considering any other licensed material.

foxbravo7547

Jul 13, 2013
Yea you're most likely right about Kiss, but I think Pirates might have a chance since they were able to do the Elvira, Star Trek, and The Twilight Zone machines.

N

netizen

Elvira, Star Trek, and The Twilight Zone machines are not Disney products however.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Kiss might not be as bad as you think. There are only a few songs and they are digitized versions. There are likenesses to characters but not necessarily people. If you follow the band, there has been much derision in the fan base for new members wearing the make-up/outfits of the original members that are no longer in the band. So one could argue you are not licensing an individual's likeness but a character (besides the table is artwork instead of photography).

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
POTC is S.A.M and Stern don't want it emulating even though they've never said that.
Stern has told the Visual Pinball folks that S.A.M. tables are off-limits because they're not paying Stern any licensing fees. FarSight's license covers S.A.M. tables; it's the technical difficulty of emulating an advanced system that's the problem (that and the fact that almost all S.A.M. tables have difficult-to-impossible ancillary licenses as well).

foxbravo7547

Jul 13, 2013
Haha, watch Detroit Rock City. I remember seeing a KISS belt and underwear with Gene Simmon's face on them.

Yay! norbert26, @!#?@!

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
An arcade in Pittsburgh has a mint condition Kiss and I have to say it's without a doubt the amongst the worst pinball machine I've ever played.

It is an outlane drain monster and I swear it's 3 pop bumpers some roll overs and that's it.

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
Kiss is a band that is known to be willing to license anything. But there certainly won't be any freebies.
Also probably the ousted members Ace and Peter would need to get their share as I think they still owned the rights to their characters when the pin was made - do not anymore, by the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.