PC - Request Logitech Dual Action Controller

hdc

Jan 8, 2015
I have a Logitech Dual Action Controller that I have been trying to use to play TPA on Steam on my PC. It doesn't seem to recognize the controller. I know the controller is OK because I've used it for other games. Has anyone used it to play TPA? If so, how did you get it to recognize the controller?

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
either use something like JoyToKey for button mapping to keys or use x360ce to translate your gamepads DirectInput to the XInput it recognizes. You'll need to use x360ce if you want to use your analog sticks for nudging.

hdc

Jan 8, 2015
Thanks, relaxation.

Can anyone tell me which pc controllers TPA on Steam recognizes without having to do what relaxation suggested?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Thanks, relaxation.

Can anyone tell me which pc controllers TPA on Steam recognizes without having to do what relaxation suggested?

I was using the Logitech f710 for a while, as it mapped to a MS 360 controller just fine. PC recognized it as such. I did run into some problems pairing it to the computer though. A wired Logitech f310 would not suffer the pairing problem.

Currently I am using (and loving) a PS4 controller, plugged in via the USB cable. If I had BluTooth on my PC I could have done that too, but I chose to just go wired. All I had to download was DS4 Windows and I was all set. The great thing is I can set up different profiles for the controller based on the game. I have one setting for TPA, and another that covers most other games, Zen included. Reason being is I needed to swap the d pad input for the left analogue stick in TPA, where Zen has it set properly from the get go. The other awesome thing with the controller is it has a touchpad on it, which can be set to be just like a mouse for moving a cursor arrow. This works out great for TPA too, as instances keep popping up in beta where using a mouse is the only way to make a selection (currently an issue in H2H)

These controllers are suggested assuming you want a Playstation style layout for the analogue sticks and d pad. If you prefer Microsoft's version, just buy any 360 controller and it will work native with your PC. All the suggested controllers do not require JoyToKey or x360ce at all. If you are using Windows 10, eventually you won't even need anything for the PS4 controller to work. That being said, DS4 Windows is free to use, unlike some other mapping programs.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Microsoft, Sony, Logitech, Razer, Mad Catz, PDP, Valve.. they all have XInput* (it's a standard layout issue) products, the DirectInput (previous standard) products could have different layouts.

*Dualshock 3&4, Steam controller should be added to that list.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.