Monster Bash Remake announced

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
This is from Cointaker a Pennsylvania vendor. I see other vendors listing it at $6,299 including shipping. This is the base model. Doesn’t include topper or upgraded color DMD etc. Better start saving those pennies Jeff.

45429224682_dfc3db1526.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
@kolchak thanks. I’ll get the piggy bank warmed up. The wife would probably chase me out with a pitchfork if I ran it past her though heh.

btw, how much is the MM reissue going for these days?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
@kolchak thanks. I’ll get the piggy bank warmed up. The wife would probably chase me out with a pitchfork if I ran it past her though heh.

btw, how much is the MM reissue going for these days?

The base model of AFM remake is being reduced to 6K as well to blow out the rest of the stock (according to Pinside). Don't think they did that with MMr though, or at least I didnt see it. Might be tough to find a MM remake base model at this point. Not sure

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
They brought several of them to the Pinball Expo this past week/weekend. Unfortunately I didn't try them so can't report on how they play - long lines for each of them. So just watched for a bit. But they looked fantastic - particularly the lighting and color DMD. Wish they turned the lights down low in the vendor hall to really see the lighting in action.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
The remake of MM is also at Dutch Pinball Museum (I assume that what you referred to). It plays great, although for some reason the skillshot-plunge got stuck a few times when I played it last time I was there. Going back this week!

But personally not a fan of colour-DMD's. Ill have the vanilla/amber version any day.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The remake of MM is also at Dutch Pinball Museum (I assume that what you referred to). It plays great, although for some reason the skillshot-plunge got stuck a few times when I played it last time I was there. Going back this week!

But personally not a fan of colour-DMD's. Ill have the vanilla/amber version any day.

The giant color DMD on the higher-spec AFM remakes is something to behold though. I really liked it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The ColorDMD for Cirqus Voltair is something to behold. Once you've put a bit of time into any of the ColorDMDs though, the vanilla amber version just seems odd.

Colywobbles

Sep 9, 2018

I’m in the other camp after seeing the big screen colour DMD on AFM RM. so much so I’ve got my deposit on a MB LE.
I would go so far as to say these large displays suit Pinball far better than the cheap LCDs that now seem standard fare in all the new wave of pins, however the Hobbit seems an exception to this rule as it’s so well done and more integral to the game.
I was brought up on 90s pins so maybe prefer the retro feel and look of the old School DMD so the new larger colour one just feels right IMHO

Members online

Members online