Month Off

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
as per the news letter................. "We will be taking one month off before the start of Season Seven to do some improvements to the game."

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
wow, im surprised but credit where its due alot of people have been clamouring for such a thing. as far as i can see taking a month is hard on the bottom line so hats of to them

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yep I've only suggested this myself a couple or dozen times. Glad they're doing it, get the polish out.

Though I think they've got a lot to work on in SPA, too.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
This is really, really good news. They deserve it and you know it.

I kind of wish they would take two months off but for the 2nd they are actually working on fixes and polish.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Great move! Let's see what they can do.
If I recall the to do list: More months off!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It's not very much time, so I'm not expecting miracles here. They certainly won't be upgrading the look of the first two seasons in only a month. But if they squash a handful of the most reported bugs, then I guess we can all be happy about that.

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
It's a good time to take a month off with the rumored Stern Pinball arcade coming by the end of April(if a launch date can be believed) we still get tables and they get a month of bug fixes. Wishlist hoping they clean up the washed out graphics of the first few seasons.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
A step in the right direction...however I think they need more like 6 months to get anything really meaningful done.

Between the ever-growing bug list, fixes FarSight said they were working on years ago (BK rom emulation, anyone?), falling behind on console releases, and SPA and it's ever-growing bug list, fixes they said they were working on months ago (ST crashes, anyone?), and dragging on updates, I'd say at least six months.

It's rough because I really do like the concept behind TPA and SPA. And TPA is my most played game on my PC, and one I always look forward to playing. But taking anything more than a month off could, at best, seriously hurt FarSight's bottom line and, at worst, put FarSight out of business.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Yep I've only suggested this myself a couple or dozen times. Glad they're doing it, get the polish out.

Myself as well. I've been suggesting a set 10 months on, 2 months off schedule for a while now, though I've always seemed to get flack for it. TPA's core fan base isn't going anywhere. They'll come back after 2 months. Set aside a Stern table to release in that span as well to supplement the bottom line that people always use as a counter argument to taking time off. I'm just happy they're finally doing it.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I know they talked about upgrading the engine for Black Knight during the Twitch stream, would think they would focus on major problems like the Creature from the Black Lagoon lighting issue on consoles.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I would love for them to fix all the outstanding issues or redo season 1 :) but personally I think they have contractual obligations with Stern that need addressing and prioritising.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
I wish farsight never got hooked up with SPA. They should of stuck with just TPA because they already bit off more than they could chew. With iOS consoles and all the others they can't keep up. They could have had kickstarters foe AC/DC gohstbusters etc. And now they are talking about this being the last season for TPA.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I don't know man, I see "bugs" as a two level thing. For them to get every little nuance fixed on every platform is alot, but basic playability problems should take precedence. Wrong colors and knit picky little things are not that big a deal to me, whereas crashing bugs and severe lighting problems are bigger.

Always a fan of this game I will be, but before they keep churning tables, let's spend a month, maybe two, to fix the most pressing concerns...with all the platforms. Take the X360 and the Wii U for example, or even Steam... I would rather they fix the big stuff that I have invested in than they worry about any more tables. But, this company walks SUCH a fine line that like like rehtroboi40 says, can they pull off fixing the foundation of their awesome product without cranking out a new table every month just to survive? They will have my money longer term, but they have to fix a few things, it is paramount. Otherwise, people like me could say "Well, I invested alot but the things they haven't gotten right will never change. So enough is enough for the spending on this, I got alot of tables already" Not saying I would follow through, but I would more likely to quit TPA and stick with what I have bought if they NEVER addres the foundation of the product. So that is what I hope they do with this "time".

Last edited:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I wish farsight never got hooked up with SPA. They should of stuck with just TPA because they already bit off more than they could chew. With iOS consoles and all the others they can't keep up. They could have had kickstarters foe AC/DC gohstbusters etc. And now they are talking about this being the last season for TPA.

Don't think they had much choice, Stern wanted their own app, so it was either lose the Stern license and have another company come in and make the app for Stern thus bringing in a competitor, or agree to make the app for them. I also think people kind of get tired of Kickstarters after awhile, we've already seen the problems with getting the console fans their Dr. Who tables and lots of grumbling about even supporting future Kickstarters. During one of their Twitch streams they said that they should have tables to do for hopefully many years/seasons to come, never heard that season 7 is the last season, not sure where you got that rumor from.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
During one of their Twitch streams they said that they should have tables to do for hopefully many years/seasons to come, never heard that season 7 is the last season, not sure where you got that rumor from.

gary seems prone to hyperbole, couple of months back hes was insisting tpa was doomed and there will never be another wms table...pinch of salt

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
gary seems prone to hyperbole, couple of months back hes was insisting tpa was doomed and there will never be another wms table...pinch of salt

I remember around September 2016 farsight mentioned season 7 may be it. Then this was in 12 days of Christmas
12 Days 2016 day 5 they said there will be a season 7. Why would they put that in if season 7 wasn't up in the Air

Day 1: Timed Tournament until Christmas!

Medieval Madness
Theatre of Magic
Central Park
High Speed II
Space Shuttle
Earthshaker
Starship Troopers
Xenon

Day 2: PS4 and Xbox One discs for Stern Pinball Arcade AVAILABLE NOW!

Day 3: Season 3 and 4 Custom Ball Packs!

Day 4: Ghostbusters Premium to be released in the Bundle Pack #2 of Stern Pinball Arcade!

Day 5: At least 10 more tables, guaranteed, for Season 7!

Day 6: Whoa Nellie is (already) confirmed for the Stern Pinball Arcade.

Day 7: Major League Pinball tournaments are coming!

Day 8: Discounts for owners of TPA for Arcooda Pinball Arcade. "Customers who have purchased The Pinball Arcade for any platform: PC/Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Apple, Android Wii and Ouya – will receive dollar-for-dollar discount when they purchase Arcooda Pinball Arcade software on the Arcooda range of arcade and pinball machines." NOTE: This opportunity lasts until March 31, 2017.

Day 9: Gladiators and Doctor Who: Master of Time release today on select platforms!

Day 10: Stern Pinball Arcade released on Android, iOS, and Steam.

Day 11: Seasons 1-4 are on sale on Steam.

Day 12: Merry Christmas everyone! Star Trek TNG is $1 on Android, iOS, and all Playstation platforms.

Members online

Members online