Month Off

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
they simply said theres at least a full 10 table season as per usual, probably to calm the naysayers and doom mongers.

its okay you can take the tinfoil off dude this is a safe place! kinda lol

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I remember around September 2016 farsight mentioned season 7 may be it. Then this was in 12 days of Christmas
12 Days 2016 day 5 they said there will be a season 7. Why would they put that in if season 7 wasn't up in the Air

[...]

Day 5: At least 10 more tables, guaranteed, for Season 7!

A lot of people had doubts about whether or not there would be another season, especially with Stern Pinball Arcade just being released. Some (quite a few players) thought with SPA FarSight would stop releasing tables for TPA after S6. So that's most likely more to tell people: Just because of SPA we won't stop TPA.

As long as FarSight can make money from TPA, I don't see a reason they would stop. That being said, S7 will end somewhere around March next year. That's a lot of time and we will see then, what the situation is. I'm sure even FarSight doesn't have any fixed plans after that at this time.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
A lot of people had doubts about whether or not there would be another season, especially with Stern Pinball Arcade just being released. Some (quite a few players) thought with SPA FarSight would stop releasing tables for TPA after S6. So that's most likely more to tell people: Just because of SPA we won't stop TPA.

As long as FarSight can make money from TPA, I don't see a reason they would stop. That being said, S7 will end somewhere around March next year. That's a lot of time and we will see then, what the situation is. I'm sure even FarSight doesn't have any fixed plans after that at this time.

Guilty as charged! It's great that there's at least one more season coming to TPA, but IMO there is so much that needs to be fixed with the previous seasons, mostly the first two seasons. Also, look at how botched the release of SPA was.

I hate to be such a naysayer, especially given how much I've enjoyed and supported TPA for the past five years. But something has got to give. I'm surprised (and glad) that it hasn't happened so far.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Don't think they had much choice, Stern wanted their own app, so it was either lose the Stern license and have another company come in and make the app for Stern thus bringing in a competitor, or agree to make the app for them.

Make sense.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/10295-So-Zen-visited-Stern-today
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...lly-hope-that-there-is-a-typo-in-this-article!!

I'm pretty sure people will complain on Facebook about the month off.

AnimeDude892

Dec 27, 2016

I hate it when people complain about Farsight Studios. It feels like it's hurting the business. They have worked hard on making the pinball arcade and I still support them no matter what. Screw the haters. They need to leave them alone and stop complaining. I'm defending Farsight on this.

AnimeDude892

Dec 27, 2016
I just hate it when people complain about Farsight Studios. It feels like it's hurting the business. These guys have worked hard on making the pinball arcade and I still support them no matter what. Screw the haters. They need to leave them alone and stop complaining. I'm defending them.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Only a month should have been longer...Anyways hope they enjoy their time off :)

But FarSight isn't taking the month off, the game of TPA is. They're still gonna have an excessively busy month working on what I'm sure is a rather large back log of stuff.

One thing with SPA I'm pleased about is they have narrowed their scope of devices. I know a lot of people might feel screwed by this, but it will allow them to focus much better on getting things working and then later adding devices slowly. On the PC front, they are only making a DX 11 version, which is also good news seeing as how some of the stupedist of bugs happened when going from DX9 to 11.

Finally, regarding seasons. Obviously it looks like they got things worked out with WMS again. If it's like previous contracts, the deal would be for 20 tables or so. That right there tells you they've got no intention of stopping anytime soon.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
I don't understand the logic behind the thinking that "taking a month off" = "no revenue".
With the huge number of tables already available for TPA, I'm sure FS garners a fairly steady revenue stream as new fans continue to discover the product while old fans may repurchase tables for different platforms.

For example, I have purchased all of the tables on iOS and also participated in most of the Kickstarters. But now that I've obtained my Cab, I've only just now started purchasing the tables on Steam. And I'm sure I'm not unique in repurchasing favorite tables on multiple platforms.

So, yeah: They *should* take a month off from producing new tables and concentrate on fixing bugs and adding improvements to already released tables -- which continue to be "new" tables to new customers.

Oh, and BTW, THEY REALLY NEED TO FIX THE CRASHING BUG ON THE STEAM VERSION OF THE STERN STAR TREK TABLE!!! :mad:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Agreed on the uncalled for bashing of FS. The month off could be what's needed to clear time to fix things with h2h, SPA's UI, various table bugs and update the older tables..........And maybe more DLC for the 360.

seansjs1973gamer

May 17, 2014
During the Month off, will they be working on and implenting the so called physics 4.0 that was suppose to happen with the release of Stern Pinball Arcade from about 3 months ago? If not then it doesnt matter what bugs they fix. The heart of a pinball games is the physics. They need to get rid of the fake tap passing and magnet like drop catches. Everyone says you can't accuratey emulate pinball physics, after playing Pro Pinball Timeshock the original from 1997 and not even the ultra version, I beg to differ. Yes video pinball physics can be done correctly if only farsight would stop catering to the casual crowd and dumbing down these awesome machines.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Agreed on the uncalled for bashing of FS. The month off could be what's needed to clear time to fix things with h2h, SPA's UI, various table bugs and update the older tables..........And maybe more DLC for the 360.

What "uncalled for bashing?"

Look, it's wonderful that FS is providing this cool product for all us pinheads. However, they are not giving it away for free. They are charging a fairly substantial fee for the product and frankly, there's a fair bit that isn't great about it. There have been lots of promises made over the years that remain to be fulfilled (and likely won't be at this point.)

There are some pretty valid reasons for criticism.

Oh, and if you think there's any chance the stuff you listed gets taken care of in one month, well you're dreaming.

Last edited:

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
What "uncalled for bashing?"

Look, it's wonderful that FS is providing this cool product for all us pinheads. However, they are not giving it away for free. They are charging a fairly substantial fee for the product and frankly, there's a fair bit that isn't great about it. There have been lots of promises made over the years that remain to be fulfilled (and likely won't be at this point.)

There are some pretty valid reasons for criticism.

Oh, and if you think there's any chance the stuff you listed gets taken care of in one month, well you're dreaming.

It was the constant day in and day out on and on. If you hate it so bad stop buying and move on. That's why he was given a vacation.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
I don't hate it. I have most of the tables on PS3. Not planning on buying more. I just think the product could be better. Personally, I'd be happy with a third fewer tables that were all 30% better modelled...a more dynamic physics engine would make the tables so much more fun.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
It was the constant day in and day out on and on. If you hate it so bad stop buying and move on. That's why he was given a vacation.

I'm not sure Zevious Zoquis is familiar with what/who you are talking about. We don't need to get any deeper into that here.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Don't get your shorts in a knot!!

Farsight has announced the release of at least 3 tables next month! Ghostbusters, whoa nellie and at least one more yet to be revealed table for Stern TPA. And they announced they'll also fix the game ending bug that crashes Star Trek, which I think would be the most critical and prioritized bug fix they have.
They've been pushing forward the release of Ghostbusters several times already, wishfully thinking they'd have it ready end of February at first, then March and now lastly they stated it has to be out by their agreed deadline with Stern, end of April. So yeah, a several times postponed table and two more pins to finish AND spare time to work on fixing bugs?? Yeah right. I would be incredibly surprised if they don't have all resources working on getting the Stern 3 pin pack finished by deadline.

They have however repeatedly said they are working on bug fixes last couple of months, like black knight and stuff, so there are some updates coming, I'm just pretty sure the month off now isn't actually for bug fixing purpose, except for fixing Star Trek.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2016
I have no problem with these people taking a month off now and then, if it can help with fixing bugs and upgrading/improving old tables as many have requested. I have a lot of tables to keep me busy!

I wonder if there will be an April sale, for those jonesing for a table they never bought?

Members online

Members online