Bug Multitouch support not working on LG Optimus G

Status
Not open for further replies.

szycag

Apr 19, 2012
I don't know if an update broke this or if it's always been the case, but when I started playing Haunted House I noticed holding down both flippers was causing weird behavior, like the flippers would alternate up and down in sequence or rapidly, and if I hold them down too long it starts to nudge the machine rapidly as well. I went back and played the tables I own and noticed it's doing it on all of them now. I'm pretty sure an update broke it, it feels too odd to play the game at all now. Any options or situations you'd like me to test for, I'll get back to you ASAP, thanks.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm seeing some random sensitivity drops on my Nexus 7 FHD. So are other folks on Google plus.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
odd, I haven't changed anything input related for several packs. When did you start noticing this Jared? Anyone else seeing this?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
odd, I haven't changed anything input related for several packs. When did you start noticing this Jared? Anyone else seeing this?

As we discussed, I was having issues with my digitizer voltage, causing random drops in sensitivity.

After flashing a better touchscreen driver to the tablet today, I'm noticing increased performance. And not just in TPA. Swyping words in this post have been much more consistent as well.

I'll keep monitoring the issue at my end to see if problems persist in TPA. So far things are looking up.

szycag

Apr 19, 2012
Not having the issue anymore... don't know what fixed it. I tried a multitouch test app and everything was fine with my screen. At least now I know it's something I can reset if it happens again. Wish I could be more help.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I can definitely confirm that it doesn't look like it is an issue with the app, @Ryan Routon. I'd call it as a Touch screen FW issue.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah that's what i was hoping since we didn't make any input changes this round. Not the first driver issue we have run up against =) thanks Jared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts