My Pinball Arcade Cabinet (iPinCade)

Luckydogg420

Sep 9, 2013
I've also built several mame arcades. Send me a message if you want any help or info.

My next project is going to be a virtual pin cabinet. Hopefully to run TPA once a cabinet version is released. My VP cab will be inspired by the "Big Bang pin" on hyperspin forums. 46" led tv in a wide body cabinet.

I also have a real pin. D&D right now. In the past I've had others. Just sold Tee'd off, but heard it's coming to TPA soon.

mann0mann

Sep 24, 2013
I'm as guilty as you- I did not buy TPA until I finished my cabinet. I wasn't even willing to buy the game if it wasn't for the iCade support. As soon as I read that the iCade was supported, I started my mini cab design. By the way, did you use my cab's photos as a reference--even the size and proportions look nearly identical? Are you using one of the front mini buttons for forward nudge?

You're lucky to have access to those pinball machines. It's getting more difficult to find places to play them, at least around me. One day, I may get one, but the maintenance concerns me a bit.

MAME is pretty easy to figure out, imho, especially Mame32. You can get usb plug 'n play encoder cards, similar to the one used in the iCade to interface to your controls. The controls can be configured within Mame. I'd say the best site to get inspiration from is the build your own arcade controls site. You should go for it--you (and your kids) won't regret it.

I did use your dimensions. I tried to use that as a basis and go from there. I used 1/2" MDF that I painted though instead of laminated plywood.

The four buttons are mapped just as Sotie did his, so left to right on the buttons it's - pause, left, right and up.

I went with the four buttons as well, so that every button was mapped on the icade. I thought that might be important for binding to a new idevice via bluetooth.

I'm feeling extra guilty though, now that the project is over...It's basically just sat since. I'm so excited to move on to the next project.

nono11

Apr 23, 2014
Hello to you!

For that you ca function option shake the ipad hen you are connected to icad?
because for me it does not work, especially since I installed my feet icad and this option would be for me a real advantage

Here is a small picture of my bb but it is far from over
Moreover, if quelq'un has a tip or tutorial to install decalomanies our icad I have no idea how to do it

thank you for your answers
Sorry for the english but I translated with google

Arnaud

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I finaly started my own build. But now i cant find the icade core anymore. (For a non brutal price and shipping to Holland)

But i wonder, is icade core the only option to rewire pinball buttons?

Wiggy07

Mar 22, 2013
Recently had to build a Mini Pinball Machine for work. Have the build out on my website and blog.

Used an IPac for internals and buttons from Groovy Game Gear.

www.pinballsupernova.com

http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2014/09/07/180/

img_0954.jpg

img_0907.jpg

img_0948.jpg

Mairtin

Oct 24, 2014
Hi.

I built a cabinet pinball.

The ingredients:

-Bluetooth gamepad
-iPod docking station with speakers (4 speakares)
-Tablet now ipad mini (other a good otherwise)
-Pinball shooter and buttons

The pinball shooter operates, manages the pinball arcade launcher.

3 pictures here, more photos can be found at here: Pictures 1

(google translate)

3.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

Last edited:

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
How do you connect the gamepad with that rainbow cable and pinballbuttons?

Looking good.

Do you think this is possible with the steel series mobile gamepad?

Mairtin

Oct 24, 2014
Thanks.

How do you connect the gamepad with that rainbow cable and pinballbuttons?

Looking good.

Do you think this is possible with the steel series mobile gamepad?

The controller is not fixed, removable so can be used in other games.
It is therefore solved with the USB connection pinball cabinet.

More photos can be found at here: Pictures 2

I do not know the inside steel series mobile gamepad, but I think yes. The operating principle is the same.

IMG_4665.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.