...is no more! After two previously unsuccessful attempts to complete "Destroy the Ring" on Lord of the Rings were thwarted on the final shot by airballs off the Palantir target (as recounted in Destroy the...GOD @#$%! IT!), I'm happy to report that the Ring was thrown into the Crack of Doom last night, after 2 minutes and 35 seconds of extreme nervousness on my part. (Yes, that's an inordinately long time for a mode that requires only 6 shots, none of them timed.)

By the way, CP Pinball's LOTR has the outlanes fully open...and no ball saver whatsoever...

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
I have been trying to do this for days and always get screwed up at the last shot. So many machines that I play have not the best flippers and it makes it very tough to actually hit that shot. Frequently the balls just don't have the power to make that jump

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Now that I think about it I always seem to choke on the final shot of wizard modes. Yesterday I got to The boss mode on sopranos and went SDTM after I missed the final shot. I actually made it to the mode again that same game but didnt even get close to beating it

G

Congratulations! This is probably the only wizard mode I beaten myself irl.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Destroy the ring isn't the wizard mode, Valinor multiball is. ;)

Also I don't think LOTR even has the option to turn on a ball saver? I've never seen it with one.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.