New Releases Coming???

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Sorry to be bringing you the bad news guys, but it looks like PS4 won't be getting an update until after the holidays. We apologize for the delay.
Well, I don´t want to post another comment, cause the last posts are very clear. Don´t want to troll the Forum with my frustration about Farsight. But I´m shaking my head, cause I still can´t understand why we get delay after delay, after delay, after delay. All this seems to be quite nebulous and flimsy.

Last edited:

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
I get that people are frustrated with the delay(s), but keep in mind FarSight wants these tables out more than we do. They are losing holiday season revenue along with having to make sure the Switch SPA release goes well. Things will get resolved, and I'm looking forward to playing all of the cool new tables on the PS4 coming out in the new year!

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
I get that people are frustrated with the delay(s), but keep in mind FarSight wants these tables out more than we do. They are losing holiday season revenue along with having to make sure the Switch SPA release goes well. Things will get resolved, and I'm looking forward to playing all of the cool new tables on the PS4 coming out in the new year!

I think when it comes down to Season 6, it's the other way around. I think most people already paid for them ages ago... So no new revenue for Farsight. They already have our money.
From now on, I won't be buying any new seasons untill they have been released completely. I'm not going to sponsor Farsight and wait for the releases that long anymore. No Way... Lesson learned...

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
Just remember, the casual digital pinball fan pays for individual tables, so not having any new tables during the holiday season hurts them financially. As for seasons and tables in general, FarSight updates the PS4 two to three times a year with new tables. It's great that seasons are discounted from the perspective of buying each season table individually, but if you don't like the console update schedule, as a solution, I suggest just buying the tables ONLY when they are available on the console store. I do understand the frustration of the delay. I get it.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Well, I don´t want to post another comment, cause the last posts are very clear. Don´t want to troll the Forum with my frustration about Farsight. But I´m shaking my head, cause I still can´t understand why we get delay after delay, after delay, after delay. All this seems to be quite nebulous and flimsy.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, they don’t care.

How many years have they been developing games on the PS4? And they STILL can’t get a release right for the life of them.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Just remember, the casual digital pinball fan pays for individual tables, so not having any new tables during the holiday season hurts them financially. As for seasons and tables in general, FarSight updates the PS4 two to three times a year with new tables. It's great that seasons are discounted from the perspective of buying each season table individually, but if you don't like the console update schedule, as a solution, I suggest just buying the tables ONLY when they are available on the console store. I do understand the frustration of the delay. I get it.

Just as I said: From now on I will only buy the seasons when they have been released completely. And not a day earlier.
In Dutch we have a saying "Even a donkey doesn't hit his head twice against the same stone", but Farsight keeps doing and doing it again. Their lack of professionalism, ability to solve problems & communicate is stunning. If they loose money on their Christmas sales, well.. they only have theirselves to blame.

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
AMEN, not to have Season 7 out before Christmas is astounding. We hope this new guy for PS products really picks up the ball and hopefully the old guy is gone and not promoted.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
think about something to compensate towards the PS4 comunity.

You know, how about Ace High or Sorcerer (both from PhoF: TGC) as a PS4-exclusive to be included with a regular table? That would make many things right for me, as it's something WE finally have instead of the Android/iOS/STEAM platforms.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
You know, how about Ace High or Sorcerer (both from PhoF: TGC) as a PS4-exclusive to be included with a regular table? That would make many things right for me, as it's something WE finally have instead of the Android/iOS/STEAM platforms.

Yeah that would solve everything then have most of the community mad at them :p I can understand console owner's frustration but can we kind of stick in the world of common sense, reduced price for the released tables whenever they show up, granted that wouldn't help anyone with the season pass unless they could give refunds.

I made a post a long time ago that Farsight should do away with season passes for consoles unless they have the season finished and then just do 5+ tables in packs since that is usually how they show up anyways.

Last edited:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
PS3, PSV, 360, Wii U and Mac owners haven't exactly had a great time over the years either. It's not just PS4 that gets prioritized behind Android/iOS/Steam/(Ouya for some reason) for releases and/or proper fixes.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
AMEN, not to have Season 7 out before Christmas is astounding. We hope this new guy for PS products really picks up the ball and hopefully the old guy is gone and not promoted.

New guy for PS products? You mean they had a guy for ps products other than a drunk monkey???

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Yeah that would solve everything then have most of the community mad at them :p I can understand console owner's frustration but can we kind of stick in the world of common sense, reduced price for the released tables whenever they show up, granted that wouldn't help anyone with the season pass unless they could give refunds.
Or give a nice discount on the Season 7 pass for the PS4 comunity. Even if it's only a 10 euro discount. Just do something.

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
Lighting Solution

Thanks for being honest and the heads up. While I have the PC version to tide me over with newer tables, but having bad lighting for 9 months for PS4 users is totally unf#$##* acceptable. March 10th was the last update we got.

Rage, I find the lighting acceptable if I set the room lighting to 8. Have you tried that?

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
Rage, I find the lighting acceptable if I set the room lighting to 8. Have you tried that?

I didn't want to mess with the lighting from default mode since I've been expecting an update since November so I've only been playing the PC versions.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015

Yes, I tried that. But it´s still unacceptable on my PS4. On lower playfields, it kills your eyesight. I haven´t played any table of TPA for months due to that lightning troubles. I´m not waiting for any new tables until they fixed it proper.
SPA doesn´t have these problems. So why do they need "a year" to fix it in TPA? The last update was in early march. Sorry, but that explains it all. They just don´t seem to care about the PS4 community. So why should we care?
I´m having fun with Stern (fav. Ghostbusters, Star Trek and AC/DC) and Zen.

Last edited:

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
Jan 9

Hallelujah -- something to look forward to in the new year!

According to the latest email from FS, a whole slew of new tables will be coming to PS4 on Jan 9.

These are famous last words, but let's hope things work out for a change...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts