New Tournament on iOS & Android starting 5/9/2014 to 5/16/2014

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
New tournament starting today on iOS & Android! Tables include: Whirlwind, High Speed, Junk Yard, Goin' Nuts, Harley-Davidson, Attack from Mars, Star Trek The Next Generation and Centaur! I am in the Silver tournament this month and am hoping to advance to Gold for next month. Good luck all enjoy the tournament!

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I do not understand starting a tourney the same day you release a table? Let us play around with the new pin for a bit (not that this one is too difficult, but still).

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I've sat out the last couple due to rampant obvious cheating by a couple players on gold level. Have they fixed that now?

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Don't think so. But they have been like every other tournament, at the end a few really jump up so I have a hard time telling who is cheating anyways.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
This tournament is absolutely stupid. I probably will just stop participating in it since somehow it put m in the bronze tourney despite finishing right around #100 in the previous tournament at the silver level. I think I am done with the tournaments. I never could get enough time to put in a sincere effort to advance to the gold dvision and its ridiculous that some error put me in the wrong tournament.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
So it looks like the Centaur rollover bug is still happening. I put up 13 million and it only registered the 3. Funny thing is toolinit has managed to get 12 million somehow. Not sure if that's cheating or a bug that sometimes registers the rollover.
u7yvy9a2.jpg

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I think toolinit is a member here and has climbed the HOF leaderboards pretty quickly, don't think he is a hacker, but maybe his score got crossed somehow.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
I think toolinit is a member here and has climbed the HOF leaderboards pretty quickly, don't think he is a hacker, but maybe his score got crossed somehow.

Yeah I was thinking the same. In fact I haven't really seen any cheating in the last couple of tournaments.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
There was the bug a few tournaments ago that let some people post over 10,000,000, but not most. Might have to do with purposely tilting? I honestly don't remember.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I thought that the rollover wasn't really a bug but that it is in the ROM. But maybe I'm wrong.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
HD again?????????? So, forcing it in tournaments is the only way to make people play that POS.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
HD again?????????? So, forcing it in tournaments is the only way to make people play that POS.

Almost don't want to be bothered if HD is in this again. Was just about to get my PS3 controller, but I think I'll just stay seated.

I'll reevaluate tomorrow when I'm sitting right near it in my office.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Starting this tournament a little late. Can't believe Harley Davidson is in again. Uggg. 20 minute grind with 'there he goes again'... Aren't there enough tables to not duplicate pins in back to back tournaments?

I'm gold level, and the scores seemed reasonable last tournament, so far for this tournament seem reasonable.
I think FarSight had addressed most of the cheating and users who were a few tournaments ago.

As of 10:30 am EST, top gold scores:
AFM: 49,146,570
STTNG: 13,442,123,210
Centaur: 12,243,930 (There are 4 scores over 10K)
Goin' Nuts: 5,713,350
JY: 123,390,080
High Speed: 15,531,830
WW: 72,380,010
Harley: 718,307,430

105 people entered, I'm currently 35th.

I'm glad Junk Yard and High Speed included. I'm fairly weak on STTNG and Centaur, so I'll be getting some play on them.

Good luck everyone and may your shots be true!

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I do have a question. I was never able to register. Would I still be able to participate? Just never got that verification email

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
I do have a question. I was never able to register. Would I still be able to participate? Just never got that verification email

Should be as easy as logging in to your account(or creating an account), and then selecting the tournament button and joining.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
does anybody else have an issue with starting the games? Sometimes after pressing start camera moves to plunger a bit and then stops and nothing happens. Only way to get out is pressing back button to pause a game and hit quit then restart.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
does anybody else have an issue with starting the games? Sometimes after pressing start camera moves to plunger a bit and then stops and nothing happens. Only way to get out is pressing back button to pause a game and hit quit then restart.

Yeah - I played with High Speed (tourney) on Saturday for a while before realising I don't have time to do it properly and giving up. But yes, had the exact same behaviour using Android. You could have one attempt, then had to back out, and go back in. Otherwise it was just dead to input.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
There was the bug a few tournaments ago that let some people post over 10,000,000, but not most. Might have to do with purposely tilting? I honestly don't remember.

Just had a score on Centaur just above 10M. It registered correctly. Playing on IOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.