New XBOX (XBox One)

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Then go to a Microsoft site and join in on a fanboy discussion where everyone agrees on how awesome it is.

As a 2 generation Xbox supporter I've paid enough money to say whatever the hell I want about their up and coming console and it's policies. As it stands I'm disappointed in their stance and the Xbox one thread seems a tad more appropriate a place to discuss it than say the medieval madness thread don't you think?

I've been a very very vocal anti Sony person since I jumped from ps1 to the n64. So imagine my shock when I found myself thinking that I would be jumping ship.

In fact. I think a lot of the discussion here stems from people who really were interested in the platform and don't like what was revealed about it.

Hopefully you get it now.

Nice. Keep it classy.

Thought this board was a place we could come and have positive discussions without all the crap that goes on elsewhere. The amount of negativity in almost every thread now is making this place not all that fun to come to anymore. I know it's the internet and all, but the number of people who think it's cool to crap on everyone else because THEIR opinion is all that matters astounds me.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Nice. Keep it classy.

Thought this board was a place we could come and have positive discussions without all the crap that goes on elsewhere. The amount of negativity in almost every thread now is making this place not all that fun to come to anymore. I know it's the internet and all, but the number of people who think it's cool to crap on everyone else because THEIR opinion is all that matters astounds me.

I agree with you that there is a lot of negativity that shouldn't be here. But most of the discussion is positive.
Now, and keep in mind that there is a lot of info here but I don't think anyone crapped all over because of your opinion. I'm not against you liking the new xbox or being excited about it. But if you want a thread to be "positive only" about it, you're at the wrong site.

Here it's about healthy discussion. No, nobody should attack or demean you for your opinion but your opinion itself is fair game. And the thread title is simple "New XBOX (XBox-One)" Not "How much we love the upcoming console"

I will apologize if I came off as being personally venomous toward you and assure you that that was not my intention. But I'm not going to sugar-coat my opinion to cater to anyone either.

But...just in case anyone needs my opinion sugar-coated...

il_fullxfull.318615448.jpg

That's about the best it's going to be.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
The thing I've found most interesting in this thread, is that the harshest critics of the XBone are the people that list that they own a 360 already. That's not good for MS at all.

Gord, this is very very true.
The thing is, a lot of people with the 360 probably jumped ship from PS2 and might feel a bit stung.

A lot of us also are the ones that took a chance and went with the original xbox. For me it was a tough decision over the Gamecube but some games that I really loved had sequels that were XBOX only.

So they've stung a lot of longtime users.

Given, for me last generation could have gone either way. I got a 360 simply because i got one for 200$ with 16 games but I've been happy with it and it stings that the company just seems to not care about gamers that much.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Speaking for myself, I've always bought every console. But this time I'm definitly skipping the Xbone. If Sony or Nintendo tried the same stuff MS was, I'd say the same about them. It has nothing to do with the whole Sony/Xbox fanboy crap.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I do appreciate the picture - it's very soothing.

I get all the Xbox One hate, and I get people's reasoning. It is the vogue thing after all, and although I get it, it has gotten very tiresome.

My frustration is that this is the second thread that I've tried to inquire about whether Farsight will be supporting the Xbox One (they probably won't/can't answer, but I'm hoping for a hint from Mike) and the second time people have felt the need to answer my post with the same old piling on negative posts we've been seeing since the reveal. Guess I'll have to wait for the next Q&A to get a chance to ask.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I don't have a concrete answer for you but unless relations between ms and fs have soured. I'm pretty sure they will be supporting all the upcoming consoles. Even with the 360 fiasco I don't think they've lost money on the 360 and at the end of the summer they'll likely get a really nice boost in income.

Last edited by a moderator:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
"Early 2014" - given the Xbox One comes out late November, that's really only a month and a half minimum wait to about 4 months or so which covers first quarter 2014.

It's not too bad - even if they get TPA out in March 2014, that's only 4 months from console launch, not too bad.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Without reading through this whole thread has TPA been confirmed for Xbox one yet? Roy Wills mentioned it on one of this weeks podcasts Pinball Soul episode 19 @3 mins.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Without reading through this whole thread has TPA been confirmed for Xbox one yet? Roy Wills mentioned it on one of this weeks podcasts Pinball Soul episode 19 @3 mins.

It hasn't been confirmed but FarSight has said that they want to publish via the indie publishing route. It won't be a launch title though. My guess would be second quarter of 2014 but that's just a total pull out of my backside guess.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
It hasn't been confirmed but FarSight has said that they want to publish via the indie publishing route. It won't be a launch title though. My guess would be second quarter of 2014 but that's just a total pull out of my backside guess.

Farsight did confirm on the TPA FB page that they have been granted a license to develop for the Xbox One. Nothing else specific though...

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, IX (Indie Xbox) does require pre-approval from Microsoft. The fact they got the license means they're in the program. It's pretty nice though - Microsoft will send Farsight two XDKs and all that other stuff. Basically, Microsoft's sending all that on their dime.

The downside is that IX is not available at launch - it's to come early 2014, so TPA will only be available then. This is because the IX program will allow devs to use retail Xbox Ones as XDK units.

Edit: IX also means that devs in the program will be able to submit their games to Microsoft for free and that it'll be available within 2 weeks of submission.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
hi fellas, from the weekend my xbox 360 has been collecting dust. I bought xbox 1,let me tll you the graphics are unreal. I bought ryse son of rome, forza 5 fifa 14 was thrown in for free and killer instinct basic was free. played forza 5 with my nephew all weekend, what a buzz !!! and finally we have our Bathurst mt. panorama circuit yahoo !!! xbox 360 doesn`t come anywhere near xbox 1. from what I`ve seen in these games tpa and zen pinball are going to be a blast !!! I`ve got my ps4 pre order coming in early 2014 can`t wait !!! :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i forgot when you start playing xbox 1 there will be only one place for xbox 360, and that is to throw it in a thunderbox !!!;)

Members online

Members online