Request No more Gottlieb tables

ChezRoxwell

Feb 20, 2014
Please stop reproducing these boring ****-tier tables. And please stop packaging them with a good table when you do. If I wanted to play plinko I'd get Plinko Arcade. Not interested in this crap. Actually any tables from before 1980 can get canned. Thanks!

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
My thoughts on this:

We need more of the old tables. There's also talk of going flipperless. What's old is new. 23 skidoo.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I will gladly take the great PRE-1980 Gottlieb EM tables that were really awesome (not to mention the Bally and Williams em's and their ss offerings along with a few early stern electronics). Beyond that I am fine with the SS Gottliebs we have.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I will gladly take the great PRE-1980 Gottlieb EM tables that were really awesome (not to mention the Bally and Williams em's and their ss offerings along with a few early stern electronics). Beyond that I am fine with the SS Gottliebs we have.

Don't forget TX Sector ;)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
So your request plainly paints you as being no longer a paying customer or you would know about how tables are packaged, and you expect them to just acquiesce to your demands? That's rich. Welcome to the forums anyway I guess.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I think this needs to be made clear. Gottlieb from the mid 80s onward is not Gottlieb, it's Premier. Gottlieb was used as a brand name only.

Gottlieb itself only lasted up to the very early 80s. Then the Gottlieb name was owned by Mylstar, and then finally Premier bought the rights to the name.

Victory, Class of 1812, Tee'd Off, and Cue Ball Wizard are all Premier games.

TX Sector, which is (for some reason) frequently requested, is also a Premier.

All that said, there are quite a few Premier games that I do want to see in TPA, but I've named them in other threads over and over and I don't feel like doing it again.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
this black duck will take any table offered !! each table has something different to offer. I love them all. think we need some more Sterns to catch up with the others old or new I don`t care as long as I get more tables. :)

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
The Premier tables I wouldn't mind having are Surf n Safari, Cactus Jacks, Rescue 911, Bone Busters, Stargate, and Freddy's Nightmare on Elm Street after those I don't care what goes up from Gottlieb and Premier. Thank you all very much.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I'd like to see some 70's Gottliebs:

Spirit of '76
Fast Draw
Drop A Card
Jumping Jack
the original El Dorado
Sky Jump
Top Card

So many more good ones to name.

The Premiere Gottlieb I want is Monte Carlo, wouldn't mind Mars.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
This rant is about four months out of date.

If the OP's platform is correct, I think that the platform itself is out of date. PS4 apparently has only received Season 1 (I'm relying on the Wiki here) so they are going through the Williams Pinball Hall of Fame / Gottlieb Pinball Hall of Fame "bonus tables".

Personally, I would find it funny if someone thought that the next DMD pin (Dr. Dude) is better than an old Gottlieb like Big Shot. But that's "just my opinion".

Rants like this though are probably why the artwork for Ace High was digitized (the files are in my Steam folder at least!) but the game itself was never released. :p

ChezRoxwell

Feb 20, 2014
If the OP's platform is correct, I think that the platform itself is out of date. PS4 apparently has only received Season 1 (I'm relying on the Wiki here) so they are going through the Williams Pinball Hall of Fame / Gottlieb Pinball Hall of Fame "bonus tables".

Egh, you're right. PS4 is still on Season 1. Well at least the coming lineups look more promising, but I stand by my dislike for pre-1980s era tables. Genie, Black Knight, Big Shot, etc are all packaged individually with a great modern table because, as I'm sure Farsight knows, if they were wrapped separate they wouldn't sell.

night

May 18, 2012
Black Knight is not pre-80s. I understand your feelings towards Genie, perhaps Big Shot, but Black Knight, that's a very important table in the history of pinball. And although the TPA version is not perfect, I love it.

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
These SS Gottliebs would be cool.

Devil's Dare
Spirit
Lights Camera Action

....and let's not forget Krull. :)

Last edited:

Members online

Members online

Latest posts