No SPA update for my Nexus 7 2013!

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Well, SPA was finally updated last week, but Google Play is saying that it is incompatible with my device, which is weird since I was able to use the version that came out in December. It's also weird that I can only see this by visiting the SPA web page on the Play store, not when I open the Play app on my tablet. It doesn't even appear in the Play app on my tablet.

I paid for the AC/DC/Star Trek bundle. So am I now out of luck?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Well, SPA was finally updated last week, but Google Play is saying that it is incompatible with my device, which is weird since I was able to use the version that came out in December. It's also weird that I can only see this by visiting the SPA web page on the Play store, not when I open the Play app on my tablet. It doesn't even appear in the Play app on my tablet.

I paid for the AC/DC/Star Trek bundle. So am I now out of luck?

Do you know what your device specs are? If your RAM is too low, you'll be seeing the message that your device is incompatible. Ideally the app requires 2gigs of RAM to operate.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
Same here. I have an LG V20 that has 4 gb ram, running Android N 7.0. I downloaded SPA when it was first released. Going into the playstore app, it doesn't list in "my apps" (even though its installed) nor can i locate it with a search. Going into TPA listing and looking for other apps by Farsight does not bring it up either. Perhaps it has been limited to Samsung devices only?

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I think they're limiting the device compatibility list to those devices they can test. My Nexus 6P, for example, can get it. (I missed it at first as I only got it earlier this year)

I think they're focusing on very high end devices right now before rolling it out again. So high end flagships released in the past couple of years before they increase the device compatibility list. Last time they released it for everyone and ran into major problems because it didn't run well or was horrendously buggy.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Same here. I have an LG V20 that has 4 gb ram, running Android N 6.0. I downloaded SPA when it was first released. Going into the playstore app, it doesn't list in "my apps" (even though its installed) nor can i locate it with a search. Going into TPA listing and looking for other apps by Farsight does not bring it up either. Perhaps it has been limited to Samsung devices only?
I've got a mate with a V20. No question this would​ run it.

But they probably don't have the bare metal to test the build on, so they can't whitelist it.

For those folks that want to help out with whitelisting their devices, you may want to consider joining the beta testing crew for a short spell and giving the team some device feedback.

Are you at the point at which this would be viable [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] ?

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Looks like it's finally available on my Samsung S5. Playing Mustang, one of the free tables and it seems to be working fine.
I'll will have to check my tablet later which is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0.

lapaille

Apr 4, 2014
Update not working on motorola g third gen (2g ram) or asus memo pad (2g ram also)
Out of 7 devices i can't play the game ( moto g tihrd gen moto e galaxy tab 2,3 and 4 asus memo pad lenovo yoga 2 :mad:)

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I have the December version on my OnePlus One (2.5 GHz Snapdragon 801, 3GB RAM) and it plays fine from a performance standpoint - but the updated version does not appear in Play Store. It does appear for my wife's Galaxy S5.

I guess I would like to know what the strategy is - are FS planning on rolling it out based on specs, OS version, or just on devices they can test in-house or verify through the beta program?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I have the update on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2) that I was using throughout beta testing.

I don't have the most recent beta update on my 'phone (LG G3, 3Gb RAM), I guess it failed to auto-update when the most recent beta (that became the release candidate) hit. Mustang runs perfectly well on my 'phone, I can't say about AC/DC or Star Trek because I never purchased them on Android.

Both are on 6.0.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
It's not available for my Nexus 7 2012 :) It is 1GB though. TPA plays fine on it but I'm not on the SPA beta.

If you had made any purchases on Stern Pinball Arcade, contact our Customer Support and show them proof of your purchase and let them know your device is not capable of running the app. They should offer your credit in TPA or a refund.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Were looking into why the devices aren't listing SPA correctly in the store. Any feedback on devices that are having trouble is greatly appreciated!

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
thanks Flippy. I'd not even tried SPA on my tablet to be honest, stuck with Steam for SPA and TPA. And just TPA on the tablet for which I'm on the beta programme.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Is there a definitive whitelist of devices, or is it based on OS version + Memory (+CPU/GPU?)?

I can see where my 'phone might fall foul of the CPU check, since it's 3 years old. My tablet on the other hand is only a year old; Samsung only just introduced the S3 (and, it seems, they've abandoned the smaller form-factor 8.0 entirely for this generation).

dangerx4

Mar 29, 2017
Were looking into why the devices aren't listing SPA correctly in the store. Any feedback on devices that are having trouble is greatly appreciated!

The same here. Tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 model SM-T320 with Snapdragon 800 and 2GB of ram, Google Play says my device is incompatible.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts