Norton removing pinballarcade.exe (claims it contains a trojan)

Striker

May 26, 2017
When I tried to start up TPA, I got a message that says executable missing. At the same time Norton pops up and says pinballarcade.exe contains a high-risk trojan, Heur.AdvML.C.

Anyone else experience this?

Ruebsy

Feb 15, 2017
What version? Steam? Torrent?
I blame norton. If it were me I'd remove norton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, Pinball Arcade is malware. It keeps demanding money every month! :)

Seriously, though, the listing shows it's one of Norton's "it could be malware maybe" types. As in it's not a detected piece of malware, just one that has some characteristics of malware. You know, the kind that keep Windows from booting because one key Windows file got deleted. Unless you're getting your TPA from dodgy places (i.e., not Steam), you're fine.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Well, Norton deleted and quarantined pinballarcade.exe. I sent a report to Norton requesting them to analyze it, but no idea how long that takes. In the meantime no TPA for me. :(

Quarantined doesn't mean deleted. If it's deleted you can get it back on Steam.
Virustotal gives you instant feedback and checks the file with 50+ virus scanners.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Maybe it's old man stern watching you....no more tpa in yer tightly whities! Just tell norton to ignore the file or even the entire folder, while it's always god to be vigilant more often than not when you get your stuff from official sources you can safely ignore it. Tpa ate my homework I swear!

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I used "Norton Safe Web" on Linux. A Firefox plugin.
I think it's pretty bad, didn't even allow me to download plain text files on one specific safe website.

Last edited:

Striker

May 26, 2017
Norton restored the file from quarantine today. False positive.

And just in time for the sale of Season 3 on Steam! :D

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
All hail our antivirius overlord!?! Thank god for these clowns! Glad for ya dude but your trust in them scares me! But either way enjoy

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts