Request Oculus Rift VR pinball

Sartrefan

Jun 27, 2014
I've been considering developing a VR platform for pinball but if you guys would be willing do to it instead I would buy every single table you put out. It would be nice to have a virtual arcade to walk around and each new table you buy you can place in your virtual arcade where you want it. The positional tracking with the Rift would allow you to lean in on the playfield and look up at the DMD just as if you were standing in front of a real machine. I want this so bad. Please, please make this happen. There have already been over 85,000 Rifts sold so far, and those are just the developers kits! VR is going to be huge. And I think it could be the very best platform for digital pinball.

N

netizen

Of they're going to develop for rift I wonder if they'll develop for Google cardboard?

Sartrefan

Jun 27, 2014
There will be a lot of VR devices for Android. Both Samsung and Oculus are working on VR for Android as well as a few other companies. You only have to try the Rift once to realize it's the future of so many things. A very exciting future. I would absolutely love to play all the pins in VR that I know I will never own. And see how they compare to the ones I do own as well.

striggell

Nov 19, 2013
Unit3d pinball already has oculus rift support. I don't have any hardware to try it but reports are it's pretty damn good

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
VR is a ridiculously exciting technology which I expect will truly change the world. It would easily make for the best possible digital pinball experience... and I think Pinball Arcade would be a must-have, killer app if Farsight can get it out early on the Oculus Platform next year. Even from a non-enthusiast's perspective, I imagine there would be a whole lot of novelty in feeling like you are standing right in front of a real three-dimensional pinball machine. Camera control is as natural as real life, there is no need for a hub because you can look right at the dot matrix on the table... and if they can go all the way and allow you to customize a virtual arcade to walk around in and place your tables? So cool.

Wish they would finally come out and tell us that the Rift is in their future plans. If it isn't, they're insane.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Woah. Awesome. Glad there's some capable folks out there. Have to get my friend's OR to test this.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
If Farsight isn't going to do it, I'm glad somebody did. Looks awesome... now the wait for the consumer version of the Rift is even more painful.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Yes they are, a few of us asked in the last livestream.

I'm not bothered about them implementing it officially though, as long as it remains compatible unofficially.

I would LOVE for them to support Samsung Gear VR though as I am planning to get the Note 4.

I do not want to get the ACTUAL Rift until the retail version comes out though as there is no telling how high a resolution screen they will have been able to achieve by then, hopefully 4K. But an addon for a phone I want for the improved camera anyway, sure.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Yes they are, a few of us asked in the last livestream.

I'm not bothered about them implementing it officially though, as long as it remains compatible unofficially.

I would LOVE for them to support Samsung Gear VR though as I am planning to get the Note 4.

I do not want to get the ACTUAL Rift until the retail version comes out though as there is no telling how high a resolution screen they will have been able to achieve by then, hopefully 4K. But an addon for a phone I want for the improved camera anyway, sure.

Wouldn't 4k require a totally ridiculous graphics card since everything is rendered twice?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.