Official Announcement.

NeonKnight

Jan 10, 2018
The 'leaker', who was a friend of one of the employees there, stopped getting valid info on the goings on once said employee was let go around December or January (not sure of my timeline). So long before anyone at FarSight learned that WMS was not going to renew the contract.

Nah, we knew about it coming before hand, which is why I said at the time about no Season 8, unless it was already released or newer Sterns.

...and look what happened. lol

Why do you think Norman "retired" before all this went down. TPA is done, at least where older tables are concerned.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Nah, we knew about it coming before hand, which is why I said at the time about no Season 8, unless it was already released or newer Sterns.

...and look what happened. lol

Why do you think Norman "retired" before all this went down. TPA is done, at least where older tables are concerned.

Why do I think Norman retired? Well considering I actually have his phone number and have talked to him, that he literally is retired and spending his days bowling and playing video games, that he told me "it was time to go", I'd say I have a little more info than your second or third hand rumors. And please do tell, when you say "we knew about it", who is this we? Or perhaps you were just theorizing and it happened to become true? I have an NDA with various studios so I'm limited in what I can say, but I can tell you losing the license wasn't some months ago situation that FarSight had just decided to stay hush about.

Look, I'm not going to discount the timing of events looks suspicious. I'm just saying what I know to be true is different from what you are speculating.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Tinfoil hats only five dorrar!b love you long time!

I wont discuss it here but if youve got tpa for steam its possible to make a backup up image , i cant give deatails because of priacy etc but it is possible.....google....

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I already mentioned this in a different thread, but you can pretty much count out any modern pins from Heighway, American Pinball, Spooky, Jersey Jack, and even Stern, due to them all using giant LCD screens for their displays. There's no way TPA would be able to handle that, especially on mobile platforms.

Ah that's probably true. :(

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Pretty mixed feelings here. Farsight and TPA brought me back to the hobby 3 years ago. I started to play real maschines and fell in love with many of these. I met a lot pinheads in real life since that time and some of these are friends of mine now, thanks Farsight. On the other hand I learned during that time, that I dont like the physics on many of the TPA tables. Farsight made a little progress, the newer and a few upgraded tables play ok now. But the physics are still behind Zaccaria and Zen in my opinion. I am still dissapointed that Farsight wasnt able to release a Steam or Rift VR version until today, neither for TPA nor for SPA. Someone made a pretty epic TPA VR version for the Oculus Rift DK2 for free back in 2014. I heard Farsight wasnt too happy about it, so there is no 3rd party VR TPA version released for the CV1. If Farsight had released an own VR version, everything would be fine. But this way they are holding us back from a VR Bally/Williams pinball experience. So in the end I hope that someone else is going to pick up the license and does something great with it.

Last edited:

NeonKnight

Jan 10, 2018
Why do I think Norman retired? Well considering I actually have his phone number and have talked to him, that he literally is retired and spending his days bowling and playing video games, that he told me "it was time to go", I'd say I have a little more info than your second or third hand rumors. And please do tell, when you say "we knew about it", who is this we? Or perhaps you were just theorizing and it happened to become true? I have an NDA with various studios so I'm limited in what I can say, but I can tell you losing the license wasn't some months ago situation that FarSight had just decided to stay hush about.

Look, I'm not going to discount the timing of events looks suspicious. I'm just saying what I know to be true is different from what you are speculating.

Yeah, I theorized an entire season of tables and theorized the end of seasons, beyond Stern tables. lol

Norman knew this all was coming months in advance, despite whatever he says. lol. He also tried to nix SPA, but that didn't go over so well. (Why do you think Farsight cut staff, cut costs, and put a purchasing freeze on tables a few months ago?)

From here on out, Farsight will do newer stern tables every now and then, but their main focus will be going back to Shovelware. It's just a theory. Hahahaha

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Yeah, I theorized an entire season of tables and theorized the end of seasons, beyond Stern tables. lol

Norman knew this all was coming months in advance, despite whatever he says. lol. He also tried to nix SPA, but that didn't go over so well.

From here on out, Farsight will do newer stern tables every now and then, but their main focus will be going back to Shovelware. It's just a theory. Hahahaha

Chillout

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Weird that FarSight would try launching WMS tables on Switch last month if they supposedly knew months in advance that this was going to happen.

Heretic said:
Tinfoil hats only five dorrar!b love you long time!

I'll take 20!

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Question: Will the "Pro" upgrade packs remain for sale? It just unlocks functionality that's still there so would that be a problem?

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
First, to any Farsight Employees that may read this: Now that Switch is dead for these tables you *must* add TATE mode to the PS4 and XB1 versions of TPA. This is strongly requested and many of us were looking forward to the easy plug n play TATE feature Switch would offer on TVs and monitors.

If you can commit to adding TATE to PS4 I will buy Seasons 2-7 on PS4 despite owning all of them on iOS. I'm pretty sure you'll see a sales boost from that announcement but you need to commit before June 30.

Secondly, someone explain to me again why bringing the Stern tables exclusive to SPA to TPA is supposed to do anything for us?

We've had these tables for 18 months now, they've been on Switch for a few months. I don't see this bring any extra revenue and it just serves to pad out the Season 8 pass (if there is one) with stuff most of use habe already bought (Ghostbusters in Season 7 was bad enough).

Also, where the hell is Big Buck Hunter and Woah Nellie? Can we get these tables out and done with already so we can possibly get something actually good from Stern's catalogue sometime in the next 18 months?

Looking at what's left to buy in TPA for Switch and I honestly just have zero desire to double-dip on these tables. I would have quadruple-dipped on Season 1, I would have double dipped on a bunch of other seasons and table packs. But none of the tables left that I don't already have in SPA on Switch really screams out "double dip" worthy. Maybe I'll grab that Centigrade 37/Jacks Open pack.

Please, for the love of god, do not split the remaining lot of tables into several large bundles and call it a day. We need to be able to buy these tables individually, there's far too much crap and most people who would buy a few packs will not buy anything at all if they are forced to buy big bundles of trash.

Despite my frustration and complaints I do feel bad for Farsight getting the rug pulled out from under them. This is going to absolute murder the vast majority of sales potential on Switch.

Weird that FarSight would try launching WMS tables on Switch last month if they supposedly knew months in advance that this was going to happen.

I'll take 20!

TBH it's also weird that they would even work on a Switch port and launch it on the eShop before knowing they would even have the rights to do so.

That's quite an expensive assumption to make. They must have been convinced it was a lock.

Last edited:

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
I jus hope that they are truly will continue to realise new tables, and fix the older ones. For all the criticism i got for FS, truly im acually realy gratefull to them. They were the only ones doing this real pinball preservetion on this scale, and despite flaws quite good job at this. However to really do this preservetion job seriously, they really need to finally adress things like Medieval Madness looking how is looking. Its one of the most beloved tables, and so popular table to be in this state is glareing foult of FS. Its one of the meany examples, but i hope now they will continue the work and fix this omissions. FS you were the only ones, thats why im so bitter, losts of nasty criticism i bealive comes from point of careing. Because if you wont do proper preservation, who gonna? Being nasty somtimes, but really love you :x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
This is a bunch of bull****! First, no more monthly tables and now no more pinball as Ball/Williams are the tables I want most. Nobody else makes tables so why the hell would they lose money on the only company making tables? Really pissed off over this!!!!

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
This is a bunch of bull****! First, no more monthly tables and now no more pinball as Ball/Williams are the tables I want most. Nobody else makes tables so why the hell would they lose money on the only company making tables? Really pissed off over this!!!!
Why the anger? Did FS get paid to release tables they haven’t released?

This whole thing will be losing 60+ tables for TPA. That means they release 60+ Williams and Ballys tables, and pretty much the best ones. Is there anything else you think FS owes you personally?

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
I'm not sure sure why anyone on this forum would be upset at this news.

1. Any pinball aficionado worth their salt will have bought most if not all of these tables.
2. If you've bought any of these tables, you have them. They are yours for life.
3. Farsight have stated they will continue to support the tables in the future.

There is perhaps some concern that the proposition for new customers won't be as attractive in the future, which may put Farsight's enthusiasm for future support, but you can't live life worrying about what might happen in the future.

You don't have them for life. They will not be available on next generation systems like PS 5 etc.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm sure FS would have renewed the license if they could have found a way to do it. It has always been my understanding that Bally/Williams pins from the first couple of seasons were their best sellers. I'm sure they didn't want to lose that.
It's a bummer as there were still plenty I was hoping to see, Mousin', Rollergames, Congo, Bad Cats, Playboy, Dirty Harry, etc. I'll still be here if/when they roll out Stern, Gottlieb, or whatever they dig up. Happy with the collection we have, but more is always better.
Now I'd like to compare my experience with Farsight to a trip to Olive Garden.......................;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts