Patch 1.19 NA and 1.20 EU

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Hey everyone, I've already introduced myself on PS3 and Vita, and I'm finally making my rounds to the PS4 thread. I'm the new developer for Sony Pinball arcade. For the last four months, I've been trying to fix problems on all three platforms as well as catch up the PS4 to every other platform. I've had several delays on the PS4 unfortunately, but I finally think we have a solid release date that shouldn't be delayed. January 9th, 2018.

Anyways, I will be trying my best to fix a bunch of the bugs on PS4 as well as keeping up to date with monthly releases. The submission process on PS4 is a lot harder than the other platforms though and needs to be planned way ahead of the intended release date, so if there is ever a problem with release dates, it's usually there.

This patch is interesting because it's also 1.18 and 1.19 respectively. I made 1.18 but didn't publish it for bug reasons. So I will be posting both of the changelogs down here, so you guys know what you're getting. Now, you don't have to actually look here for the changelogs. I am a huge PS4 fan, so when I seen that the update history for every patch was "Various bug fixes", I knew that had to change. From now on, you can find the update history of every patch that I've done through the PS4's update history. To do this, go the Pinball Arcade application icon on the main menu or through your library, press options, scroll down to "Update History", and select it. This feature is supported in English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish, and it should be cumulative from this point on.

It is to be noted that I started keeping a document with all the changes a bit late, so some of 1.18's bug fixes won't be listed unfortunately. All of 1.19's bug fixes that I did myself will be noted here though.

Patch 1.19

Features Added:
-Loading screen that shows the table's flyer
-Stern Ball Pack (Whoa Nellie!, Star Trek, Mustang, and Ghostbusters) is automatically unlocked if you own Ghostbusters

Bugs Fixed:
-Trapped ball in Cirqus Voltaire changes color every time you load table
-Ghostbusters main menu music is now playing correct song
-Wild Card and Spanish Eyes now point to correct instructions
-Wild Card and Spanish Eyes goal fixes
-Fixed challenge leaderboards pointing to right scores
-Fixed table leaderboards pointing to right scores
-Fixed flickering icon bug in owned table menu when you own exactly 5 tables
-Main menu background panning no longer shows black background
-Loading and saving text now shows up on the bottom of screen
-Text should no longer overlap, especially in foreign languages
-Correct logo will show up when you go from challenge menu to tournament all-time rank menu

Patch 1.18

The rest of season 6 has been added:
- Al's Garage Band Goes on a World Tour™
- Cactus Jack's™
- Swords of Fury™

The beginning of season 7 has begun as well:
- Paragon™
- Wipe Out™
- Firepower II™
- World Championship Soccer™
- Fathom™
- Ghostbusters™

Season 7 has been updated with two new EM's:
- Spanish Eyes
- Wild Card

More ballpacks have been added:
- Stern Promo Ball Pack
- Glo Ball Pack
- Doctor Who Ball Pack

Trophies have been added for seasons 2 - 6
- If you've met the requirements for any of the trophies, it will unlock when you start the table

Features that have been added:
- Can now easily scroll through tables in leaderboards
- Shoulder buttons skip through tables in owned tables menu instead of scrolling

Various bug fixes
- Doctor Who: Master of Time plunger lane now lights up when ball is plunged

Miscellaneous:
- Fine tuning done for Fireball, Creatures from the Black Lagoon, Scared Stiff, Theatre of Magic, Cirqus Voltaire, Genie, and Big Hurt
- Black Knight and Creature from the Black Lagoon now have pro menus

As you can tell, this patch is huge. I hope it makes up for some of the delays that have happened while I've been here. Like I said, I'm a huge PS4 fan, so the fact that the game didn't have trophies for seasons 2-6 wasn't acceptable. There are limits on the number of trophies, points, and trophy groups, and this will be apparent in how some seasons of Pinball Arcade are handled. But at least all of the seasons now have trophies. I'll be curious to hear if there are any trophy hunters out there who will try to get them all. Or if someone will just get all of these trophies as they already completed all the goals.

To wrap up this lengthy post, I'm a PS4 super fan, and I want Pinball Arcade to finally be the best that it can be on PS4. Not only am I trying to keep it up to date and fix the bugs, but I am also trying to add new features when I'm not adding new tables. Hopefully, my patch will start to make up for some of the hard feelings that you guys have. I will keep my discussion of the new patch in here, and when the patch is released, please post in here if you're having any problems with it. If you have any questions, post them here, and I will try to address them.

Last edited:

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Welcome aboard bud.

Sounds like you have a good plan laid out for the platform. I've been waiting for a steady stream of communication for a long time. It sounds like Farsight made a great hire!

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Glad to hear the PS4 version is finally getting the attention it deserves. :D

Will buy the rest of the seasons I don't own now!

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
Welcome and I love you're a PS4 fan like I am! I'm so looking forward to all the great work you'll be doing for the Pinball Arcade! Now if only you could put the missing lighted topper back on Pin•Bot.... ;)

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Wow! You're certainly starting off on the right foot. All the work you have done sounds awesome and I can't believe there will actually be a change log other than "various bug fixes."

As for trophies, I guess they should all pop for me except for the Safecracker wizard goals (I must have spent over 50 hours trying to get that damn silver token), Bone Busters wizard (there was a bug that made the game hang if you got a bonus ball, so i figured I would wait for it to be fixed), and Doctor Who Masters of Time wizard (I just wasn't motivated to get the last goal or two)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Welcome aboard Tom. I've been waiting patiently for something to motivate me to update my PS4 (NA) Master Bugs List thread and this is it! It's been over 2 years but I'm ready to grind it out once again with the help of my fellow forum members who play TPA on the PS4. Everyone keep an eye on the PS4 sub forum...the updated PS4 (NA) bugs list will be posted the first week of January 2018!

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Going back in time and releasing this update on January 9, 2017 will have destructive consequences for this timeline. Please do not attempt.

;-}

funchords

May 13, 2017
I was holding off on purchasing season 2 but I went ahead based on this news. OK Pinball Arcade & PSN ... don't let me down. I have now doubled down.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Thanks everyone for the welcoming. I'll try not to get on your bad side!

[MENTION=259]Gorgar[/MENTION]:

Wow, good job man. But yeah, I know Safecracker is absolutely notorious for its wizard goal from what I can tell. I mean getting GOFER to spell out in Tee'd off with ball control was actually really hard itself.

[MENTION=1509]Byte[/MENTION]:

Good catch! I've updated it.

[MENTION=6680]funchords[/MENTION]:

Like I said, I didn't post a lot of bugs that I fixed on 1.18 unfortunately. Lighting is one. Hopefully it meets your guys standards, but ultimately, what I did was I turned up the bulb brightness default on every single table by multiplying it by a certain number. I looked at a table like Cirqus Voltaire to see how much I should change the multiplier, and when I got those bulbs to looking like they originally had, I kept that multiplier for every table. I didn't change the ambient at all as it seemed like from my understanding that the bulb brightness was the huge thing for you guys. I'll check in when the patch releases and see how you guys feel about it.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Thanks Tom. Congrats and welcome. Thank you so much for the updates and the implementation of trophies. Can’t wait to maybe have working friends leaderboards someday. Keep up the great work!!

Kramer

Apr 23, 2012
Thanks for this post - very encouraging that Farsight have someone willing to engage with the community to such a degree.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Very encouraging indeed.

Sidenote: Would it make things easier/clearer to bump the next NA version # up so both NA and EU are running the same version?

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
Great posting Tom, i just checked this forum after months of absence. To be onest i lost hope for ps4 version. Thank you, i can see the light again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
There´s a light, it´s Christmas time.

Speaking of light...

Please tell me this is finally going to address the lighting issues that 1.17 broke, way back on March 11th, 2017.

The tables used to look excellent.
Like this...

But after the update , the tables all look dark when turning down the ambient room lighting, even when the table lighting is set to 100%, and the colors look dull, including the balls.

As discussed in the 1.17 thread, the table lighting is very broken.

Here's what it looked like prior to the 1.17 update..

PinballArcade-CFTBL-2.png

And after..

PinballArcade-CFTBL-3.png

It looks as if the tables are almost powered off.

The rest of the news is great, and a very positive way to start off the new year after having the update patches and new tables delayed several times. The main thing I want is for the tables to look as good as they used to.

Thanks for the update Tom.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts