Patch 1.24 NA and 1.25 EU

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
So I have a release date for the Banzai Run patch! May 8th. There's honestly not much to this patch. A lot of the bug fixes I had planned for this one went out with the last patch. But here is the change log.

Patch 1.24
Table Added:
-Banzai Run, a Williams table from 1988 that features a vertical playfield in the backbox

Bugs Fixed:
-Wipeout dog bonus goal fixed

It seemed like the Wipeout dog bonus goal wasn't consistent enough as noted by Gorgar, so I made it that you should be able to get the dog bonus the first time you achieve that insane bonus. Anyways, if you notice some big bugs like that one, try to report those here or in the master bug thread.

Just an update on what I've been up to though for a while: For the past month or so, I've been working on Whoa Nellie and Big Buck Hunter! These are my first tables, so it's been really exciting working on them. Whoa Nellie is actually pretty close to completed, just some minor art stuff and QA needs to be done on the table. So in the meantime, I've been working on getting Buck Hunter into a better state. It's been interesting learning about the coils, switches, and lamps, and understanding the rulesets of everything related to the table to make sure that lamps and switches are working correctly. As for a time of release, we'll keep everyone updated on that. In a couple months though would be a good estimate.

Also, I actually have come to like Whoa Nellie. I didn't like the old school rules of it at first, but once I figured out the rules, which are pretty simple, the game becomes a lot of fun. As for Buck Hunter, I also kind of disliked that one at first, but I enjoy the Buck toy a lot, and I'm interested how deep the ruleset will get.

Mar 9, 2012
Glad to hear that a couple new stern tables are coming tom!!

Will you be adding trophies for the existing tables + the 2 new ones?

Any chance we might see tournament mode added to stern too?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
It's nice to hear that you took the time to fix the Dog Bonus goal on Wipeout. I should probably mention that in the past, people have complained about other goals not triggering. For instance, earning an outline special in Monster Bash doesn't trigger (only if done in single ball play).

I am currently working on the Pistol Poker Super Jackpot goal, which is pretty friggin hard. Overall, I think you guys may have gone a little overboard with making the season 7 goals difficult, but that is what will probably keep me playing.

Tom, would you guesstimate that both Whoa Nellie and Big Buck Hunter will come out for Stern Pinball Arcade before anything else on regular Pinball Arcade? It's just that since Banzai Run, we haven't heard anything about regular Pinball Arcade and if we knew something was in the pipeline for the next few months, it would make everyone happy here. But feel free to ignore this question if you aren't allowed to discuss it.

KingCat78

Feb 2, 2015
Tom, It would be great if you would be able to fix the outstanding issues in SPA (PS4) and TPA (Vita). I've already reported them in separate threads on this forum and by e-mail. I've also got confirmation by e-mail that FarSight is aware of these issues, so if you're able please have a look at them.

Stern Pinball Arcade issues (PS4):

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/13225-Issues-with-Friends-leaderboards-on-SPA

The Pinball Arcade issues (Vita):

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...e-scores-quot-on-Friends-leaderboards-PS-Vita

If any additional info is required, please let me know.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Dear Tom!
First, many thanks for your commitment. You´re doing a great Job.:)

Good luck for your first tables. Well, but Whoa Nellie and Big Buck Hunter are maybe the least wanted, least rated modern Stern-tables (but the artwork of Nellie is great). Can you tell us, how much will be charged in the PSN-store for these tables. AC-DC, Ghostbusters, Mustang and Star Trek cost 9,99 Euros each in Europe. But These (maybe except Mustang) were top tables. Who will pay that much for Nelli and Buck?:confused:

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
thanks Tom ,great to hear and I hope you`ve had a real buzz on your first tables !!!:cool: can`t wait for the new tables :cool:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
So, I'm confused about something......is Banzai Run the start of season 8? Will there be a season 8 pass? Or have they done away with season passes?

For whatever reason, despite attempting to sign up for the newsletter multiple times, I never get one, so I'm out of the loop on that stuff.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
So, I'm confused about something......is Banzai Run the start of season 8? Will there be a season 8 pass? Or have they done away with season passes?

For whatever reason, despite attempting to sign up for the newsletter multiple times, I never get one, so I'm out of the loop on that stuff.

Banzai Run is the last table of season 7. Farsight says they will continue to release tables after Banzai irregularly, but have not announced anything specifically apart from the two upcoming Stern Pinball Arcade tables.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Bug: Judge Dredd 200+ Million EOB Bonus wizard goal isn't popping. I got over 200 million three times in one game and it never popped.

TimeWalker

Apr 27, 2018
I guess being this the latest thread, I also want to bring to attention to the Scared Stiff issue some people reported on the 1.23/1.24 thread.
That one introduced an issue where all the music and sound effects are higher pitched. The table seems to go a bit faster too. It's probably some side effect after it having received some bug fixes (music bug for example).

I'm not sure if this patch fixes that (logs don't say so) so hopefully this could be looked into for the next bugfix patch after Banzai Run.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
For instance, earning an outline special in Monster Bash doesn't trigger (only if done in single ball play).

Could you elaborate on this? You're saying during multiball, the special doesn't work?

Gorgar said:
I am currently working on the Pistol Poker Super Jackpot goal, which is pretty friggin hard. Overall, I think you guys may have gone a little overboard with making the season 7 goals difficult, but that is what will probably keep me playing.

I mean you did get all the tokens in Safecracker, so I'm not sure if anything can compete with that. And I seen you actually did complete the Pistol Poker super jackpot goal, so congrats on that.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Could you elaborate on this? You're saying during multiball, the special doesn't work?

So, the goal is to light the special at the Outlanes and collect it by having a ball drain down the outlane that is lit. The smart way to do this is during multiball so that you don't lose a ball in the process. However, if you do it during multiball, it isn't detected and the goal doesn't tick off. The game only seems to detect the goal as completing if the ball drains down the lit lane in single ball play. I believe this could be related to the fact that a different, shorter version of the special animation plays when you earn the special during multiball vs single ball.

There are similar issues with certain goals not registering during multiball on other earlier tables, but I don't remember which ones. Maybe someone else can chime in?

I mean you did get all the tokens in Safecracker, so I'm not sure if anything can compete with that. And I seen you actually did complete the Pistol Poker super jackpot goal, so congrats on that.

Thanks

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Will look into that Monster Bash special. I did look into the Judge Dredd bonus, and you are correct that it's not working. I see why, but I'll have to look into how to fix it.

In regards to the new patch, I will be at a conference the next few days, so I have scheduled the patches to all come out at 10:00 AM PST tomorrow morning.

And as some of you will be seeing, after June 30th our Williams and Bally tables will no longer be for sale, so this will be your last chance to buy many of the tables in Pinball Arcade on PS4 and all the other devices. So don't sit on the fence on getting Banzai Run once it goes on sale tomorrow, you have over a month to get it before it will no longer be purchasable.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
With the season 7 pro pass Sorcerer appears in-game, but does not appear as purchased in the PSN store. Is there a possibility of losing it once it is removed from the PSN store?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I guess being this the latest thread, I also want to bring to attention to the Scared Stiff issue some people reported on the 1.23/1.24 thread.
That one introduced an issue where all the music and sound effects are higher pitched. The table seems to go a bit faster too. It's probably some side effect after it having received some bug fixes (music bug for example).

I'm not sure if this patch fixes that (logs don't say so) so hopefully this could be looked into for the next bugfix patch after Banzai Run.

Yeah, the bug is still present.

I made a short video showing how all of the voice samples are higher pitched. Hopefully this can be addressed ASAP as Elvira's voice is definitely a highlight of this table. The way it is sounds like she breathed in a bit of helium.

TimeWalker

Apr 27, 2018
Thanks [MENTION=382]spoonman[/MENTION] for uploading a short video of that. I was just about to do that too after checking the latest update out but you've been faster :p
Just to clarify not only the voice is high pitched but also the whole sound table including the music got higher.

On a different note, Banzai Run seems to not move the camera up to the back glass if you have camera lock turned on. Turning it off lets you play the upper part. Pretty weird as other tables that move the camera up don't have this issue

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
On a different note, Banzai Run seems to not move the camera up to the back glass if you have camera lock turned on. Turning it off lets you play the upper part. Pretty weird as other tables that move the camera up don't have this issue
Make sure you have both the Event Camera and Multiball Camera settings turned on.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts