PC Pinball (DOS / Win9x era)

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I've been on a crazy pinball rampage as of late and have been digging up old pinball games from the DOS and early Windows era and been playing a lot of the old ones. Some of the ones I have played as of late...

Pinball Dreams 1 & 2
Pinball Fantasies
Pinball Illusions
3D Ultra Pinball series
Addiction Pinball
Balls of Steel
Slam Tilt

I know that Cowboy Rodeo released some of the Pinball Dreams ones for the Apple and Sony platforms but nothing new for the PC world.

Any other tables that you played back then that are noteworthy? Anyone know of intentions of any of the classics being recreated?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Balls of Steel! I loved all the wisecracks on that table.

I remember most of the others as well. Wasn't Addiction the one with the Worms and Rally tables?

You ever play Full Tilt 2? I remember the sound effects were pretty good for the time. I think there were three tables, and my favorite was the Mad Scientist.

Of course Pro Pinball was and still is the best ;)

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Balls of Steel! I loved all the wisecracks on that table.

I remember most of the others as well. Wasn't Addiction the one with the Worms and Rally tables?

You ever play Full Tilt 2? I remember the sound effects were pretty good for the time. I think there were three tables, and my favorite was the Mad Scientist.

Of course Pro Pinball was and still is the best ;)

Yeah....Balls of Steel... Played like crap, funny as hell (esp the Duke Nukem table).

Yes on Addiction, love that game.

When I mentioned Full Tilt I meant to say Slam Tilt. I don't remember much about Full Tilt.

Pro Pinball does rule all, though.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, the Duke Nukem table theme was the only thing I liked about Balls of Steel, heh. It'd be a great theme for a real table.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
GoG.com has the Pinball Gold Pack which includes Pinball Dreams, Pinball Illusions, Pinball Fantasies, Pinball Dreams 2 and Pinball Mania for a low price if you're wanting to play them. They also have most of the Pro Pinball series and some other games.

I've never played Balls of Steel, Addiction Pinball or Slam Tilt from the list but I wish I did.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
'

I saw it there back when it first appeared but it's really expensive at 8 bucks for just one table. Unless it's one really good table I don't think it's worth it to be honest. Probably best to get the Pinball Gold Pack instead as it's 10 bucks for 20 tables.

Good call. I didn't even notice the price.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
'

I saw it there back when it first appeared but it's really expensive at 8 bucks for just one table. Unless it's one really good table I don't think it's worth it to be honest. Probably best to get the Pinball Gold Pack instead as it's 10 bucks for 20 tables.

I wish it had the amiga Pinball Dreams instead of the PC port. Also, 9.99 seems good, but that includes a lot of the Spidersoft tables, which I heard mixed things about. I heard the PC Pinball Fantasies and Pinball Illusions are good, though.

I like Epic Pinball and Silverball quite a bit. I have Silverball on disk and I ordered Epic Pinball from an amazon seller selling a new one for 5 dollars (10 with shipping, but it was elgiable for super saver). I like how Epic Pinball got a budget store release on PC CD with all of the tables. I like how it has some old school style tables, as well as late 80s/early 90s style. I also like the Enigma table, which does things that can't be done on a real table.

Last edited:

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I wish it had the amiga Pinball Dreams instead of the PC port. Also, 9.99 seems good, but that includes a lot of the Spidersoft tables, which I heard mixed things about. I heard the PC Pinball Fantasies and Pinball Illusions are good, though.

Haha, yes, Pinball Mania and Pinball Dreams 2 aren't very good games (I think those are the ones from Spidersoft) but you still have Pinball Dreams, Pinball Illusions and Pinball Fantasies. All those are good games. 3 out of 5 isn't bad.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Yeah, I bought the GOG gold pack. I still have the DOS CDROM somewhere also. I would love to see some of the old tables recreated for fullscreen though. I had so much fun with Dreams 1, Illusions and Fantasies.

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
Dos gaming got me into pinball! The first one I played is Epic Pinball from 1993, still one of my favourites!

Another one that wasn't mentioned here yet is Extreme Pinball, the Rock Fantasy table. My god, it's the fastest pinball table I ever played and it's still every bit as epic today! Amazing graphics for the time and high quality music too. It's a little tricky to get it running smoothly in dosbox today but you really have to check it out (Rock Fantasy is free, it's the shareware version).

Check out some gameplay here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbU02r6obHw

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
@Extrema22,

I have Extreme Pinball. I bought it on PSN for play on my PSP and yes, Rock Fantasy was the best table in the set.

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
Oh cool, I didn't know it was on PSP! There is also a remake/update of epic pinball on ios called retro pinball I think

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
You can also play it on the PS3 too since it's a PS1 classic but I don't like playing it on the PS3 as you can't configure the buttons whereas on the PSP you can. I can't stand not using trigger buttons for the flippers.

I don't have ios so no Epic Pinball for me.

PinMike8666

Feb 20, 2012
Here's couple great PC pinball sites I've discovered ever since I became interested in the genre:

http://www.lastbandit.com/pinrevue.html

It's an oldie, but goodie. This was one of the first video pinball sites I've visited since I became interested in the genre.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110203141020/http://www.pcpinball.com/

Another really great site, though can only be accessed via The Wayback Machine; the original site was recently closed down, unfortunately.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/21stpinball/21stpinball.htm

A phenomenal write-up 21st Century's pinball games. Fairly recent article from a site I frequently lurk.

These are highly recommend sites to visit if you are new to PC pinball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts