Android - Bug Performance Problems with Android 4.2.2?

crazywolf

Jul 9, 2013
Hi,

are there Performance Problems with Android 4.2.2?
On my Galaxy S3 i updated to an unofficial 4.2.2, and some Tables where unplayable, very bad stuttering. Problem-Tables are Whirlwind, Taxi, Dr Dude. Some other run good like before, like Cactus Canyon. Back on 4.1.2 and everything works fine.
Then i got my Note 8 with 4.1.2 and updated to 4.2.2. Same problem here with the same tables. Is this a Android Problem with 4.2.2, or maybe just a Samsung Problem with this Android Version?
Does anyone run 4.2.2 and this Tables without problems?

Thanks,
Andreas

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Hi,

On my Galaxy S3 i updated to an unofficial 4.2.2, and some Tables where unplayable, very bad stuttering. Problem-Tables are Whirlwind, Taxi, Dr Dude. Some other run good like before, like Cactus Canyon. Back on 4.1.2 and everything works fine.
Then i got my Note 8 with 4.1.2 and updated to 4.2.2. Same problem here with the same tables. Is this a Android Problem with 4.2.2, or maybe just a Samsung Problem with this Android Version?

Yeah - I've got JB4.2.2 on a rooted stock Nexus 7(mk1), and also on an un-rooted SGS4.
I don't have any performance issues with either device on any tables, and have been using 4.2.2 since about March.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hi,

Thanks,
Andreas

Sound like an issue with the Samsung build. You have also jumped a full minor version in the OS.

I'm on Cromi-X ROM which consumes 4.2.1 official Asus. While it isn't 4.2.2, the next micro release you are using its not that different from 4.2.1 (bug fixes only).

I have no issues with any table in TPA.

Try another ROM would be my advice. Jelly BAM would be my recommendation. It runs great on my SGS2.

crazywolf

Jul 9, 2013
Hi,

i now testet all Tables and i have Problems with this tables: Taxi, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Whirlwind, Dr Dude, Bride of Pinbot, Funhouse and Pinbot. All others work fine. When i select the table, the table overview animation is not fluid and ingame the ball too. I could understand when this would be on all tables, but just on few is confusing.
I wand to stay on stock roms on my devices, so i hope this get fixed in future, whatever the problem is.

N

netizen

Hi,

i now testet all Tables and i have Problems with this tables: Taxi, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Whirlwind, Dr Dude, Bride of Pinbot, Funhouse and Pinbot. All others work fine. When i select the table, the table overview animation is not fluid and ingame the ball too. I could understand when this would be on all tables, but just on few is confusing.
I wand to stay on stock roms on my devices, so i hope this get fixed in future, whatever the problem is.

Try disabling the HUD on those tables the alpha numeric displays seems to have a heavy re-draw rate and this can, on some devices, create a performance hit.

crazywolf

Jul 9, 2013
Try disabling the HUD on those tables the alpha numeric displays seems to have a heavy re-draw rate and this can, on some devices, create a performance hit.

Thanks for this, i disabled the HUD and the performance problems on this tables are gone :)
Would be nicer to play with hud, but besser than unplayable tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts