Pinball Arcade Interface New Design

elgrayso

Dec 7, 2014

I created a new design concept for The Pinball Arcade interface. It's not perfect, there are things I will still add/change, but let me know what you think!

Also check out my blog post I wrote about the new design.

Last edited:

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Great work, very nice! Would be great to see some of these elements make it into TPA in the future.

Maybe Farsight could bring you in as a consultant...

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Looks great at 1080p in landscape - but - a lot of folks play in portrait (1080x1920 or similar), especially mobile users and those of us with rotating monitors and/or cabinets.

There needs to be an alternate layout that works just as well in portrait orientation.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Great work. I really like your design.

Hope Farsight takes notice of this.

I really like this design as well. But I hope FarSight doesn't take notice. We still need emulation for FirePower, Gorgar, Black Hole, and a few others. That could take years in and of itself-BK took at least four. And how long did it take FarSight to implement the latest UI AND get it working properly AND it still doesn't always do so?

Let's not forget they're still allegedly working on SPA too. New updates are starting to trickle out and the consensus is that SPA is another nine months older and ten more steps behind.

Elgrayso, you've done a great job with this new interface-don't let FarSight mangle it.

Last edited:

paul.strauss

Jan 3, 2015
Looks awesome - so much better than Farsight’s interface. My only suggestion is that you make sure it would work well with a joystick or buttons to switch tables, since those of us running a cabinet would appreciate something other than mouse control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elgrayso

Dec 7, 2014
To all those mentioning other formats: yes, if I was working on this professionally I would want to do all formats and layouts. ;)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
For vertical format, I can see the grid going 5 across, 3 down, and then moving the info above or below the grid.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts