Pinball Fantasies HD to be released soon for iOS

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
Pinball Fantasies HD out now for iOS

Yesterday, when asked on Touch Arcade’s forum about a retina update for Pinball Dreams HD, developer Aarni Gratseff let slip that Pinball Fantasies HD will be submitted for review “sometime soon”.

There was always conjecture that they’d give Fantasies the 3D treatment if Dreams sold well enough, but until now I hadn’t heard anything concrete. Sounds like it’s a go.

[update]: It’s out now, and available here from the App Store.

Last edited:

Jay

May 19, 2012
I've never played Pinball Fantasies. I have Pinball Dreams, though. The table designs are good. I especially like Beatbox. And the soundtracks are fun. But the ball physics is terrible. if that's what PF is going to be like, I'll pass.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
As much as I loved the old tables, the physics were indeed horrible and it was hard to play when it had to scroll all the time.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Which version of Dreams did you play? Physics are dated, but I wouldn't call the regular physics horrible. However, the DOS version tweaked the physics for the worse (and that one does have terrible physics), and the iOS has sped up physics by default (though they can be changed to the classic physics). Fantasies has the same physics as the classic physics on the iOS Pinball Dreams, which are based on the physics from the Amiga Pinball Dreams.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Yeah, I played the DOS ones... Loved them, but played horribly. I just played Pinball Dreams HD on the iPad and it plays really well. Cowboy Rodeo did a great job on it. Here's hoping that they do Pinball Illusions also.

Last edited:

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
I just emailed Cowboy Rodeo to check on the status of this. And to my surprise, it’s in review at Apple. So despite that it’s been “coming soon” for a while now, it’s apparently coming soon.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I used to play those all the time on DOS. Great games for their time.
I nearly bought these for the PS3, but they are charging $6.99 each which is too much IMO.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I used to play those all the time on DOS. Great games for their time.
I nearly bought these for the PS3, but they are charging $6.99 each which is too much IMO.

The PS3 version is just an emulated Amiga version anyway, not a redone version like this one.

I'd probably pay $6.99 for one that was modernized on the PS3.

Tabe

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts