Post passing?

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
Anyone pulled it off? I might suck at pinball (well... alright, I do suck at pinball), but I'm not convinced it's possible in Zacc.

Hoping it's on the roadmap - other things like drop catches look amazing, and would be the cherry on the cake for a true simulator, but post passes seem fairly essential to the game.

-edit: I just did it right to left in House of Diamonds (can't do it the other way I don't think, because of the bouncing ball bug), so it seems it is table specific. I wonder how it's done in other sims, whether they've added a little 'fudge' to the physics to make it work on all tables where it should be possible.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
ive found it harder much harder than tpa so the risk vs reward is much more prounced but yeah its possible

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I find it very hard, but I've never played an original Zacarria machine so not sure how accurate this is. Feels like the corner of the slings are too sensitive and ping the ball all over the place.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
I suppose it's sufficient to have flippers angled enough to allow trapping, a convex obstacle just above the flipper, and nothing blocking the path inbetween, to be able to post pass.

(more or less anyway... I'm sure there are weird counterexamples).

On some tables it'll be harder than others, but if you time it right it should work on basically any real table with a curved corner to the slingshots (and quite a few that aren't curved too...).

The issue is that simulation physics works in discrete steps, and if the exact moment you need to hit it from a trap falls between frames (edit - or the exact angle you need to rebound off falls between pixels), it'll never happen.

So you either have to introduce some 'magic' physics that takes over when certain conditions apply, or fiddle with the geometry until it happens with your normal physics.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I surprised myself by managing one in Star God in the latest Android version today. Usually my attempts in ZP have either gone nowhere or sent the ball rocketing off at top speed. Definitely seems a bit too touchy.

Members online

Members online