Powerball double jp

EvanBingham

Aug 19, 2012
Anyone have a quick strategy for this? I got the opportunity to do it once so far and blew it. Any suggestions on how to get the powerball in play during regular multiball the quickest?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Anyone have a quick strategy for this? I got the opportunity to do it once so far and blew it. Any suggestions on how to get the powerball in play during regular multiball the quickest?
Assuming you're starting a new game fresh from the menu, so that the Powerball is topmost in the gumball machine, try this:

EDIT: This procedure will not work, because I have momentarily forgotten that my favorite table makes you take lit locks before you can add further stacks of load gumball machine on the right Spiral, and once you take the first lock for the first multiball, the left ramp starts multiball immediately. See my post below for a corrected procedure.

1. Shoot the left ramp-right ramp-piano combo 3 times to stack 3 loads of the gumball machine on the right Spiral.
  2. Shoot the Lock once to qualify multiball.
  3. Shoot the right Spiral 3 times to load the gumball machine 3 times and dispense the Powerball.
  4. Shoot the Powerball up the left ramp to start multiball. This will put the Powerball in the automatic plunger lane.
  5. When the auto-plunger fires, don't miss the piano shot. :p
Note that the value of the doubled jackpot will be extremely low (30M), but if you're just going for the goal, this would be the fastest method. This would be the only time I'd go for a double jackpot; in all other cases Powerball Mania (from shooting the Powerball itself up the right Spiral) is generally a more profitable use for the Powerball.

Last edited:

EvanBingham

Aug 19, 2012
But once I hit that lock the gumball machine only let's me load it once before i'm stuck having to hit the left ramp before I can relight it

EvanBingham

Aug 19, 2012
I ended up getting it but it wasn't by your technique. I just happened to have a powerball in the trough during regular multiball.

very frustrating to get

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
But once I hit that lock the gumball machine only let's me load it once before i'm stuck having to hit the left ramp before I can relight it
Wow! Total eclipse of the mind there: I forgot you have to take the lock before further gumball combos are actually counted. Sorry about that. Glad to hear you got the double jackpot anyway despite my moment of stupidity.

For anyone else trying to do this, follow the procedure below instead.

1. Shoot the left ramp-right ramp-piano (LR-RR-P) combo once to put a load of the gumball machine on the right Spiral.
  2. Shoot the Lock once to qualify multiball.
  3. Shoot the right Spiral once to load the gumball machine.
  4. Shoot the left ramp and play your first multiball normally.
  5. Once out of multiball, shoot the LR-RR-P combo a second time to light lock and put a load of the gumball machine on the right Spiral.
  6. Shoot the Lock for the first lock.
  7. Shoot the right Spiral to load the gumball machine a second time.
  8. Shoot LL-RR-P a third time to light lock and put another load of the gumball machine on the right Spiral.
  9. Shoot the Lock for the second lock.
  10. Shoot the right Spiral to load the gumball machine a third time and dispense the Powerball.
  11. Shoot the Powerball into the Lock to start multiball.
To be honest, it's probably easier just to play consecutive games of TZ until the Powerball is released in the natural course of play and then throw it in the lock. Because TPA's Powerball is not very different from the other balls, you can get it trapped pretty easily on the lower right flipper coming down from the lock, and then shoot RR-P with it.

EvanBingham

Aug 19, 2012
Lol 11 steps and 17 shots that have to be made in that exact order!

You're right, it's just easier to just let the powerball do it's thing. I had to intentionally let it drain the first time I was in powerball mode but there can't be 2 balls locked otherwise the powerball will just pop up in the shooter lane again and you're stuck trying to feed the gumball machine again with no chance of multiballin' it.

Since that time I hit it, I must've gotten 5 or 6 double jps. The toughest wizard mode for me ended up being collect special.

That took MANY attempts to the lit camera shot and at least 20 drains to the wrong outlane or down the middle.

The best way to collect special is to lite outlanes from the camera (easier said than done) and get into multiball as quickly as possible and hope it drains out the right side while special is lit.

Christ on a stick...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Step 11 Shoot the Powerball into the Lock to start multiball.

Will this give the goal?
No. The OP asked how to quickly get regulation multiball with the Powerball, so I stopped at that point. He seemed to know what to do beyond that point. ;)

Also, in steps 1, 5 and 8, is it necessary to shoot the piano after the 2 ramps?
No, but considering the piano is right there and will give you 10M and a Door panel for making the shot, why wouldn't you shoot it?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.