Request Pro Mode (operator menu), and how this affects local high scores

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
For those tables that get Pro Mode (such as TOTAN has now in the Android beta), can we get some sort of icon beside each score achieved on the local high score table?

Or separate Pro and Regulation scores in two separate local leaderboards.

I understand that Pro Mode invalidates any high score posting to the online leaderboard.

Those of us who compete against each other on offline leaderboards do not want to be competing against players that can "steer the ball" and change the factory settings to Extra Ball = Very Easy and Replay = 2 million. ;)

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
YES PLEASE! I am just getting this bucket of bolts App back together - we don't want Pro scores infecting our work. :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Does it not void the scores now? I had assumed other-than-regulation settings would invalidate goals, achievements, and high score listings, including the local lists.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Does it not void the scores now? I had assumed other-than-regulation settings would invalidate goals, achievements, and high score listings, including the local lists.

I agree about goals and achievements, but wouldn't it still be nice to have a local high scores for non-regulation settings? If you have the real machine and you change a few settings, you'd still want it to keep high scores, so I would think the same would be true here.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I agree about goals and achievements, but wouldn't it still be nice to have a local high scores for non-regulation settings? If you have the real machine and you change a few settings, you'd still want it to keep high scores, so I would think the same would be true here.
If it were a separate list, yes. I'm sure TPA could keep track of separate lists, but I'm not sure they could get the ROM itself to juggle two separate high score lists safely, especially tables like ST:TNG that already have complex high score lists.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
If it were a separate list, yes. I'm sure TPA could keep track of separate lists, but I'm not sure they could get the ROM itself to juggle two separate high score lists safely, especially tables like ST:TNG that already have complex high score lists.

If they can't find a workaround, having one local high score list might just be the price one has to pay for tweaking with settings. I think that's a much better option than having no local high scores at all if the settings have been tweaked...plus, like I said, the real machine still keeps high scores after changing settings, so these tables probably should too, eh?

Ideally, as Jared suggested, I do hope Farsight can mark the highscores separately, if possible.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I suppose you're right. I guess I could always use the factory reset and obliterate at least the 4 high scores below Grand Champion if it truly bothered me.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I suppose you're right. I guess I could always use the factory reset and obliterate at least the 4 high scores below Grand Champion if it truly bothered me.

Good call. It's definitely going to be nice to have that ability.

I'm really thinking of people who might only be truly happy when they can play with extra balls disabled for instance, and that sort of thing. They may not give a hoot about online leaderboards, but they'll be in their own personal pinball nirvana with their custom settings (as are a lot of VP players), and they may never go back to regulation settings....and we know they're going to be severely bummed if their high scores aren't saved. :)

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
You know, if Farsight were clever about this, they could make a leaderboard similar to that of Forza where a lower score but with less 'aids' turned on, beats a higher one with Extra ball etc.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
This seems to be the thread for this question.

If, down the line, a Pro version of Scared Stiff becomes available and all I do is disable the family mode, how would this work on the leaderboards?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
So iffy language isnt ok but CFTBL you can choke out the snack bar guy and get a fatality? Give us the option to buy a family mode or M-rated.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
As is, the game wouldn't let you post scores on the leaderboard once you've changed anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.