PS3 the forgotten pinballers

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
If it still costs 40.000$ to patch a game on consoles, I can understand FS hold back everything.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2012/02/15/it-costs-40000-to-patch-a-game-on-home-consoles/ (old, I don't know if the rules have changed since then, i.e. with the new-gen consoles)

So far, according FlippyFloppy, the FS plan is to release all the remaining S4 tables in one shot (so only one game update will be needed), before Halloween: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/10539-Release-Date?p=219589&viewfull=1#post219589

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Same plan is for xbox 360. The update with the second half of S4 is in the approval process. You'd think this would go a little quicker. There are some little things that we're not privy to that can bog down update candidates.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
If TPA were made by EA, MS would be bending over backwards to accomodate the game, but since it's FS...."Meh, just set it down over there and we'll look at it sometime".

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I suppose the alternative is that FS just drops support for last gen all-together. To be fair, it IS last-gen. Not a whole lot of companies are going to be supporting those consoles for very much longer and Farsight is spread pretty thin.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I suppose the alternative is that FS just drops support for last gen all-together. To be fair, it IS last-gen. Not a whole lot of companies are going to be supporting those consoles for very much longer and Farsight is spread pretty thin.

Nope. Still a lot of active players (= buyers) on TPA on the so-called last-gen.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Nope. Still a lot of active players (= buyers) on TPA on the so-called last-gen.

Yup.Still more PS3 consoles in circulation(and will be for awhile) so sales there are probably bound to be higher, in particular regarding something like TPA.

Let's see if the finale of Season 4 will hit this week(at least at first in the US) and how TPA will continue on PS3 with Season 5 in the pipeline and the new Stern development.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
:0 i don't know if it's totally accurate a table to ref, but i found a site:

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

seems to show total ps4 sales -still- behind the old atari 2600 - lol! :)

and -that's- about double xbox1's current standing.

and they've both got a lengthy lifecycle before they overtake the current gen's standings, and surpass them to the point that it's irrevocable!

(if, the chart is right... :)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Latest newsletter says Oct 2nd. fingers crossed......

October 2nd, yay! \o/

I checked the game and the PS Store this morning (Europe) and... no game update, no new content, nothing.

As always.

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
How is TPA on the PS4 graphic wise? Is there a big difference?

ohh geez, yah just look up some youtube viddys of it... nnnice "real" lighting effects! :)

good note to make, i'd now noticed this second time of it happening - if you're only occassionally on-then-offline, then note that the ps3 system update (easy to check up top of the 'settings' menu, if you're coming out of setting net dis-to-enabled)... that the ps3 store, if you don't log into that after the system update, has (or can often have) a separate update download to take care of! so be sure to log into the ps store after a system update, cuz you might have two to do.

just noting it, cuz i think occasionally it gets in the way of game/other updates... that being said, no update yet here on TPA itself... fing-fang-ers crossed!

"just keep swimming... just keep swimming..." :)

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
ohh geez, yah just look up some youtube viddys of it... nnnice "real" lighting effects! :)

good note to make, i'd now noticed this second time of it happening - if you're only occassionally on-then-offline, then note that the ps3 system update (easy to check up top of the 'settings' menu, if you're coming out of setting net dis-to-enabled)... that the ps3 store, if you don't log into that after the system update, has (or can often have) a separate update download to take care of! so be sure to log into the ps store after a system update, cuz you might have two to do.

just noting it, cuz i think occasionally it gets in the way of game/other updates... that being said, no update yet here on TPA itself... fing-fang-ers crossed!

"just keep swimming... just keep swimming..." :)

Last I herd the update for the new tables will not happen till next tues, Oct 6. I hope by the end of the year to have a PS4, might just hold off on getting any new tables for the PS3, seeing I will have to buy them again.
If my laptop could handle DX 11 I'd play more tables on steam.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.