PS3 Twilight Zone discussion

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Well After I did the standard goals I went into operators menu to see what they had all I clicked on was pro menu to see what it was but it took me the cart in the PS store.

Operator's menu is not a menu option, it is a add on you buy to the table , one operator menu per table as available. Thats why it went to the store .

rom

Nov 3, 2012
I must admit that I am really a bit disappointed in how TZ looks. It looked much better in the preview videos. And I still don't understand how it is possible to release completely blurry textures like the blue ramp decals and the SHOOT AGAIN light for example.
The playfield seems also blurry to me and you can even see that under the plunger lane gate there is the real metal gate ON the playfield picture. Looks like they took a picture of the playfield with the gate still on it and just left it that way. Would have taken 2 minutes in photoshop to fix this.
Don't get me wrong. I am one of the biggest fans and will always purchase every single table of TPA. But I recreated TZ for Future Pinball myself and so it is a bit of a curse to look too deep into the details I guess.
If only the TPA tables would look sharper in textures it would be a great step already to look A LOT better.
Also the ugly ramp flaps without any srews and ugly textures are annoying me.
How is this possible? It is such a GREAT product and it seems to get no love in production.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I must admit that I am really a bit disappointed in how TZ looks. It looked much better in the preview videos. And I still don't understand how it is possible to release completely blurry textures like the blue ramp decals and the SHOOT AGAIN light for example.
The playfield seems also blurry to me and you can even see that under the plunger lane gate there is the real metal gate ON the playfield picture. Looks like they took a picture of the playfield with the gate still on it and just left it that way. Would have taken 2 minutes in photoshop to fix this.
Don't get me wrong. I am one of the biggest fans and will always purchase every single table of TPA. But I recreated TZ for Future Pinball myself and so it is a bit of a curse to look too deep into the details I guess.
If only the TPA tables would look sharper in textures it would be a great step already to look A LOT better.
Also the ugly ramp flaps without any srews and ugly textures are annoying me.
How is this possible? It is such a GREAT product and it seems to get no love in production.

I'm confident that FarSight released this version as a placeholder WIP (work in progress) and like Elvira and the Party Monsters , No Good GoFers, and Taxi , they intend a patch that will update the lighting and textures to what we will find more to our liking. They already have a lighting update patch due out in March , just hope it includes Twilight Zone

the ajp

Jun 17, 2012
as well as save game data there is now also table data for saving the settings on the pro tables .. the twilght zone being the first ..

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
I'm confident that FarSight released this version as a placeholder WIP (work in progress) and like Elvira and the Party Monsters , No Good GoFers, and Taxi , they intend a patch that will update the lighting and textures to what we will find more to our liking. They already have a lighting update patch due out in March , just hope it includes Twilight Zone

Let's hope that this is true. I am also a bit disappointed about how TZ looks. The yellow sign on the left for instance is unreadable, you need to zoom in to see it more clearly but I usually play with a locked camera so it's just ugly. Also, the upper part of the table looks blurred (from the clock upwards). After zooming in it looks nice and all the details are there but when looking from the bottom it's ... cheap.

Maybe this is one of the "optimizations" they did or it's just me. Compare this to TotAN or RBioN, THAT's the quality I am expecting. Or the latest MM update.

For comparison, here are the links to the promo video and to the PS3 release.

Talking about "locked camera", maybe this triggers the bug with the stuck camera? If the camera is allowed to follow the ball this might not happen...just an idea. I have never seen this on the Android phone but there I play with a floating camera because of the small screen.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
WOW... what was the promo footage rendered on? Because we certainly did not get THAT.

The promo video is of the Xbox 360 version. Since the Xbox 360 is the system used to develop everything for The Pinball Arcade, gameplay and visuals on the Xbox 360 will always outshine the ports. The irony is that no one can play these solid and beautifully rendered tables released after Table Add-On Pack #3 because of publishing rights transfer issues.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I still think the first core tables look better on PS3, but unfortunately the quality has gone down from there. It seemed like they really polished the first 4 up on PS3 since that's the version they showed at the Texas Pinball Festival last year. I wish they'd put that same level of effort into the rest because it's certainly possible based on what they were initially able to accomplish.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I still think the first core tables look better on PS3, but unfortunately the quality has gone down from there. It seemed like they really polished the first 4 up on PS3 since that's the version they showed at the Texas Pinball Festival last year. I wish they'd put that same level of effort into the rest because it's certainly possible based on what they were initially able to accomplish.

I agree that a few tables on the PS3 look visually better, but the consistency is just not there on the PS3 and consistency is very important. Scared Stiff and Big Shot both look great on the PS3, but notice how the light bulbs don't illuminate like they do on the Xbox 360 gameplay videos.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
I agree that a few tables on the PS3 look visually better, but the consistency is just not there on the PS3 and consistency is very important. Scared Stiff and Big Shot both look great on the PS3, but notice how the light bulbs don't illuminate like they do on the Xbox 360 gameplay videos.

Well, what can you expect when the PS3 and VITA programmers are sitting somewhere else...

Members online

Members online