PS4 - Please give us an update! Patch 1.18, Glo-Balls™, Season 6 DLC, and lighting

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Amazing work! Those 2 look great again. Thank you! I believe Tales of the Arabian Nights needs a bulb fix as well.
I can't brighten the bulbs on PS4 like this compared to the PC. On PS4 the bulbs are much dimmer.

I thought it was a dim bulb issue across the board on all of the current machines in TPA 1.17.
Most of the tables look like they are much darker than they should be, when compared to what 1.16 was, with the settings of Room Brightness 10% / Bulb Brightness 100%

I found many of the tables to be unplayable with this setting since the ball has almost no light reflecting onto it.
If they could get it looking like Stern Pinball Arcade's lighting looks, I'd be very happy with it.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Is it true that Sony no longer charges for bugfix updates on PSN?
If so, wouldn't it be easier, as well as making for a faster approval process, to release the bugfix separate from the new table packs?

Also, is the bad lighting with 1.17 also what is making most of the tables look dull with the room lighting turned down, and bulb brightness high? It just seems like the colors are very muted and they lost something with the 1.17 patch. "They" being most of the tables too.

Any chance we could get this in time for Xmas 2017?

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
If so, wouldn't it be easier, as well as making for a faster approval process, to release the bugfix separate from the new table packs?

Also, is the bad lighting with 1.17 also what is making most of the tables look dull with the room lighting turned down, and bulb brightness high? It just seems like the colors are very muted and they lost something with the 1.17 patch. "They" being most of the tables too.

I've been looking at the PC version for comparison. Room lighting works the same way as the PS4 version. The bigger difference compared to launch PS4 version is that we can make the room really dark. I think launch PS4 peak darkness was around 25-30%. Now the real problem is the bulb brightness. (Previously the devs decided how bright the tables were) When you jack up the bulb brightness, it's supposed to get really bright. This works on any of the newly released tables. When you try it on older tables like Cirqus Voltaire, Bride of Pinbot, Funhouse, or Creature it either is bugged from reaching peak bulb brightness, partly brighter on some parts of the table, or flat out doesn't work at all.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012

They don't charge devs for patches at all anymore. Haven't for a long time now.

NateisGreat88

May 30, 2015
Sony usually releases the bulk of their stuff and TPA DLC on Tuesdays. I think tomorrow is more likely.

Silly me I thought the 20th was Tuesday. Hopefully they will be released today. Please no more delays farsight and sony. I've been itching to play these new tables for months now. :)

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Unfortunately, it isn't looking good. It looks like Sony updated the store and the new TPA tables are nowhere to be found.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Unfortunately we ran into some issues at the last minute, and have to delay the update again :(. I don't have a new release date yet, we're still waiting to hear back from Sony about the problems we ran into.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Unfortunately we ran into some issues at the last minute, and have to delay the update again :(. I don't have a new release date yet, we're still waiting to hear back from Sony about the problems we ran into.

Since you guys are delaying the patch. I think it's time for your team to complete Cirqus Voltaire on PS4. The lighting is correct now, the last thing you should put in is the menagerie ball changing colors with the neon tube every time you launch a table like the last gen and PC DX11 versions. The ball is always red on PS4.

Ip08N4q.jpg

Please.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Since you guys are delaying the patch. I think it's time for your team to complete Cirqus Voltaire on PS4. The lighting is correct now, the last thing you should put in is the menagerie ball changing colors with the neon tube every time you launch a table like the last gen and PC DX11 versions. The ball is always red on PS4.

Please.
Done ;)

...but you'll need to wait for the next update to see it, we can't change anything that's going out with the update that's been submitted now.

cga220501

Nov 10, 2017
Clarity

Thanks for the unfortunate update. I understand stuff happens, but it would probably help if you were less vague and more candid about the issues you're facing. I think part of the frustration for some people is being kept in the dark. We're all rooting for you guys to succeed, so please keep us more in the loop. Become the anti-Electronic Arts!

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Well, I´m not a fan of EA. But there is no "dark zone" in their release-policy according to the Battlefield franchise. All Battlefield-updates were clear announced and they kept their timeline.
The lootbox-pay-to-win issue in Battlefront 2 is another Story, that is going to rise my blood pressure.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.