Raise your hand if...

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
The other thing that gets me about Black Hole is that it uses the opposite convention to the Williams/Bally games: you're trying to un-light the rollover lanes. Gorgar does it the more common way, in which the lit lanes are the ones you've already gotten.

I suppose one could argue that Black Hole's convention is more consistent with the convention for lit targets and ramps, in that the lit places are where you want to make the ball go. (And trying to darken the lanes is in keeping with the general theme of blackness.)

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
The other thing that gets me about Black Hole is that it uses the opposite convention to the Williams/Bally games: you're trying to un-light the rollover lanes. Gorgar does it the more common way, in which the lit lanes are the ones you've already gotten.

I suppose one could argue that Black Hole's convention is more consistent with the convention for lit targets and ramps, in that the lit places are where you want to make the ball go. (And trying to darken the lanes is in keeping with the general theme of blackness.)

Yeah, that cofused me a lot at first as well, and actually it still does, because I play it so rarely.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Yeah, that cofused me a lot at first as well, and actually it still does, because I play it so rarely.

Thats a shame man, thats actually why ive been so quiet heh missing my blackhole, gorgar just gets the **** shaken outta it

Gorgar needs more than a pad as its the only one that truely requires nudging atm....least i can turn tilt of for stress har...Roll on creature blackhole rule change!

Last edited:

countcb

Jul 16, 2012

Antoher thing with Black Hole is, that when you UN-light the yellow targets on the right of the upper playingfiled the according yellow targets on the lower playing fields are lit.
Lit = more points. So you have to "move" the light from the upper table to the lower table to score more points there.
I really liked that about this table.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Having played some old Gottlieb EMs recently, it appears to me that the "un-light the rollover lanes" behavior in Black Hole is a Gottlieb house convention. Bally/Williams/Midway just did it the other way around, in Gorgar and their other tables.

(Though some of the later Bally/Williams games do have a skill shot in which you're actually trying to hit the blinking lane right off the plunger. That messes with my head.)

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Hands up for me.

I just bought this pack for both 360 and iOS today and I'm loving it. Never played MB before and it's fun but I used to play Gorgar on VP quite a bit.

Members online

Members online