Relaunch - what will it be like?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Is the new launching of TPA going to basically be the same game with a new publisher in the title screen, or are they planning to release a new engine that allows TPA to do things it never could before (like Zen/FX to Zen 2/FX 2).

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Hard to say-it's been more than a month since FarSight has said something, anything about the 360 version. I may get the PS3 version soon-it's been six months since any new tables have been released, and we don't know how much longer it's going to be until we see something new besides FarSight's announcements of new tables for anyone else.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
How will it be handled for people who already own TPA? I heard it will be free for them. But how can this be accomplished?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
How will it be handled for people who already own TPA? I heard it will be free for them. But how can this be accomplished?

Well, look how the kickstarter supporters are getting jacked around-they can't even get the bonus stuff they paid extra (and in some cases, a lot more) for.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
To handle it requires some serious discussions with Microsoft to do it in order to move all the licenses around or to issue codes and what not. As for the kickstarters, well, FS is a tiny company, so they have to wait for Sony/Microsoft to issue the codes. Day 1 DLC is usually done way ahead of time so codes can be printed with the discs (the game is finished long before the release date - it takes a few months to stamp the discs, package them, ship them to the retailers and have them ship to the stores in time for release - during which they can get DLC and exclusives done, get the codes issued and printed and shipped off to the stores in time - printing up a stack of codes is actually really quick, especially since the cards are preprinted ahead of time and it's just stamping the codes on them)

Farsight, however, doesn't have the luxury of a printed release, so unless they hold back the release so they can have codes ready, you get what happened to PS3. (Yes, you can hold back a game - just because it's approved doesn't mean you have to post it immediately. You can put it for release on a specific day in the future... it's how those downloadable games can have release dates).

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Well when i went from Pinball FX to Pinball FX2 i didnt require any codes from MS to get my table in Pinball FX2 it just knew that i already had bought these tables in Pinball FX 1, hopefully FS can do the same?

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Yeah, as long as it's allowed by MS, Xbox applications can read data stored by other applications. Some very obvious examples include Mass Effect cross-game character save, unlocking Alien Hominid character in Castle Crashers, etc.

I don't know if they can read the license itself, but an obvious way to do it would be to check if you have any high scores registered on a specific table.

edit: Actually they'd probably have to read the license, since you can use your personal profile to play on another person's Xbox, who has TPA's license bound to it...

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
No, they get the license info from Xbox Live. No need to read the license. Microsoft has kept track of everything you bought on Xbox Live so they can tell who bought what. It's why all the contests involve downloading some gamerpic - because they can then go check who downloaded the gamerpic and verify the contest entry on your account.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
No, they get the license info from Xbox Live. No need to read the license. Microsoft has kept track of everything you bought on Xbox Live so they can tell who bought what. It's why all the contests involve downloading some gamerpic - because they can then go check who downloaded the gamerpic and verify the contest entry on your account.

There's a difference between what Microsoft can do, and what an application developed by a third party company running on Microsoft's system can do, though. :p

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Yet again it looks like FS will fail on their promise of giving us XBOX owners news on what the **** is actually happening, cant say im surprised!......still 2 days left i guess

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
The announcement is in their newsletter from today. Their contract with Crave is still being held as an asset by the bankruptcy court that is handling Crave's bankruptcy. FarSight has requested that the court transfer the contract and they said that they are very close to that transfer being approved. Anytime an asset changes hands it needs to be approved by the bankruptcy court AND the creditors owed money. It can take a long time.

aangel

Jul 7, 2012
In other words, count on 2015 for new XBLA tables..

No actually in 2015 they will plan to post the latest news for XBLA tables. Then they will understand your frustration. Then they will say, "Unfortunately, the complicated process of a bankruptcy prevents us from any releases at this time." Then they will update you with the latest information that they have in the 2nd quarter of 2016 stating, "Unfortunately, the complicated process of a bankruptcy prevents us from any releases at this time." Then they will continue to understand your frustration. Then....

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
The announcement is in their newsletter from today. Their contract with Crave is still being held as an asset by the bankruptcy court that is handling Crave's bankruptcy. FarSight has requested that the court transfer the contract and they said that they are very close to that transfer being approved. Anytime an asset changes hands it needs to be approved by the bankruptcy court AND the creditors owed money. It can take a long time.
Well, at least they told us something. PS3 is looking more and more attractive. If only it didn't have that damn flipper lag . . .

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Ditto. But flipper lags ie pretty much entirely unacceptable on a pinball table. How to people live with it?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.