Request Restoring purchases end-user feedback: TPA vs Zen

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I had to restore all purchases on both Zen Pinball HD (Android) and TPA today because I (accidentally because the ASUS boot loader is a piece of crap) factory reset my tablet. (Big sad face).

Zen took me about 10 minutes. Tap the restore purchases button, and walk away. Downloading worked sequentially through all purchased content. Download rate was really, really fast. No hand holding. It was a total pleasure. And all my achievements were restored as well, because of the Swarm ranking system. So I am no worse off than I was when I last played.

TPA took me about 1 hour of hand holding. :-( Tap the first table. Press start. Wait for at least 3-5 minutes for the un-resumable, interrupt-and-die, crawling download to finish. Tap past the table synopsis page. Tap back. Scroll to the next table. Repeat. Nearly 20 times :-(

I'd hate to be an eager new customer wanting to download heaps of tables easily.

And then there's the issue of in-game achievements. ::waves hand:: need your achievements you don't. Re-earn them, you must.

==Requests==

Please push the "bulk update all tables" feature up the list of things to do.

Please implement a system that manages achievements, and scores, and stores the data _anywhere_ other than your device. That swarm system is seriously great!

Please consider opening up the bandwidth allocated to the download server. Or find another DLC provider that can serve the purchases more efficiently to customers.

Thanks for reading B-)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
On iPad, whenever I update the app I have to scroll through all the tables listening if the highlighted table doesn't play it's theme song, then re-downloading it like the method above.

I sympathise with you Jared, when I updated my iPhone & iPad to the latest iOS and re-jail broke I spent over an hour manually downloading all my purchased tables to each device. I own all the Zen tables, and like you said it was easy to restore them.

How about a restore ALL tables option and a restore all updated tables option on TPA?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Thought I would bump this thread again.

Since Sean's last post it has been six months since this issue was raised.

I had to restore all tables to my Nexus 7 Gen 2 today.

Interestingly, I think the issue in part could be attributed to the cheap and nasty eMMC present on the TF300T (it is a total mongrel for bottlenecking when downloading stuff).

Updating the TF300T was a slow, laborious process. In stark contrast, updating all tables on the N7 was a quick task. I don't know whether Farsight has increased the pipe into the downloads server since this post, or whether the in/out of the N7's eMMC is far superior to that of the TF300T.

Either way, it took about 15 minutes to get all the REZ files back on my device again.

I stand by my original RFE to get some sort of Update All button for tables. It just makes sense.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Hrm. I know TPA was rejected on iOS because it lacked a "Restore Purchases" button, and I know iOS has a "Download Owned" feature as well. I presume one taps "Restore Purchases" to get the licenses, then logs in (to get Farsight Account linked table licenses as well) then "Download Owned" to get all the tables in one fell swoop...

I know Apple specifically rejected TPA because of that missing function (all apps with in-app purchases must offer an explicit restoration feature)... guess it's an iOS feature only still.

Edit: "Restore Purchases" is on the options menu. "Download Owned" is in the Manage Tables submenu.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Functionality didn't change when the "restore purchases" option was recently added to the iOS version. It was added because Apple said it must be there. The act of logging in with your FS account will automatically restore purchases in iOS.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
Functionality didn't change when the "restore purchases" option was recently added to the iOS version. It was added because Apple said it must be there. The act of logging in with your FS account will automatically restore purchases in iOS.

That last sentence is definitely not correct. I just went through this yesterday with an unexpected erase of my iPad. You have to explicitly restore purchases either by pushing the button in Options or by trying to download an already-owned table. Just logging in to your FS account doesn't cut it.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
That last sentence is definitely not correct. I just went through this yesterday with an unexpected erase of my iPad. You have to explicitly restore purchases either by pushing the button in Options or by trying to download an already-owned table. Just logging in to your FS account doesn't cut it.

Thanks for correcting. I was going off memory and got it wrong.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Farsight account restore only works if you bought it in one version of TPA and are now using the other. E.g., if you bought the tables in the Free version and now use the paid, Farsight account will restore your tables on the Paid version. But it won't on the free version because it can get it via Apple's receipt.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts