Bug Scared Stiff - I completed all Wizard Goals, received the trophy, but...

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I finally finished the last needed Wizard goal for Scared Stiff, "Activate Spider Mania", which took me years to do.
I received the trophy for completing all of the goals, but now I just booted it up again and it shows that I still need to complete "Activate Spider Mania" again!! I'm definitely not going through that again.

It's sad to see bugs like this happen when you try for so long to knock off the last needed goal to get all of your Wizard Goals stars filled in and it doesn't count for whatever reason. :(

Are they still fixing bugs on the PS3 or is it a waste of time to even post this stuff anymore?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
For the most part, I don't think Farsight has updated any of the tables since the mega patch (someone correct me if I am wrong) and I doubt that they plan to.

Upon completing the goal, did you make sure that you finished your game and let it save?

Oct 15, 2013
I recently completed that goal to complete Wizard on Scared Stiff, first one ever for any table, and it did give me the trophy and gave me all the stars. Where you messing around in the operators menu before you started the game? I know there is the uncensored audio that you can turn on in the Pro edition of the game. If you do this your scores don't count and maybe the same goes for goals as well.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I did finish out the table. What I did though was tilt the last 4 or 5 balls since I had so many extra balls saved up and not enough time to play them all.
I even entered my initials since it was a decent score, then exited the table after it saved. Since it took me so many attempts to get it I was sure to take extra precautions. Which now seems to have been in vain.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I did finish out the table. What I did though was tilt the last 4 or 5 balls since I had so many extra balls saved up and not enough time to play them all.
I even entered my initials since it was a decent score, then exited the table after it saved. Since it took me so many attempts to get it I was sure to take extra precautions. Which now seems to have been in vain.

That should have been sufficient. I have never had a goal not save on me like that, so it must be a fairly rare bug. I'm sorry. That stinks that it wasn't saved.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
It's sad to see bugs like this happen when you try for so long to knock off the last needed goal to get all of your Wizard Goals stars filled in and it doesn't count for whatever reason. :(

Hey, it happened to me a long time ago on Pin*Bot, with Earn the Sun Special (which is a little bit buggy). The trophy was awarded, but the Wizard Goal was not registered as completed (missing star). I wasn't really annoyed (trophy unlocked, yay) and I did it once again a few weeks after without wanting it, and the goal was correctly registered. It's the only time I encountered this kind of bug, so it seems pretty rare.

But I can understand you, as "Activate Spider Mania" is a tedious and boring wizard goal to achieve (it's a little like Lyman's Lament on MB).

(someone correct me if I am wrong)

Unfortunately, you're totally right.

Normally, the next PS3 update should contain a fix for the Rbion gamebreaking game ending bug (if your ball bonus > 1M, the game ends). But it's a core table, so it doesn't count.

Speaking of DLC tables (which should be apparently possible to update since the megapatch), Pin*Bot was missing the instructions after the megapatch. It has been fixed several months after. So, technically, a DLC table has been patched. :sarcastic:

Oct 15, 2013
I recently completed that goal to complete Wizard on Scared Stiff, first one ever for any table, and it did give me the trophy and gave me all the stars. Where you messing around in the operators menu before you started the game? I know there is the uncensored audio that you can turn on in the Pro edition of the game. If you do this your scores don't count and maybe the same goes for goals as well.

*Were

Seems to be a bug though so that really does suck. Spider Mania takes a really long time to get, not to mention getting that spinner to stop where you want it. i also had some trouble hitting the spider hole consistently. Out of all the tables though I feel I am a true master of Scared Stiff. Great table. It seems way more polished than Party Monsters, no real goal on that table either other than spelling ELVIRA for the 3 million point shot. The voice samples are really low quality too compared to Scared Stiff. Makes sense since it was before Scared Stiff but it really shows.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
So how long does it take to get Spider Mania? 2 hours? Or is it easier if you focus just on this goal?

This is pretty similar to the Milwaukee Multiball in Harley. It takes forever and sooner or later one of these random drains will end the game.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
So how long does it take to get Spider Mania? 2 hours? Or is it easier if you focus just on this goal?

Yeah, something like 2 hours without focusing on it. For my part, I completed that goal during my all-time best game (~550M). I played since ages and then I saw that it remained only 3 or 4 targets unlit on the backglass. At this moment, I thought : "Holy f***, I can complete this wizard goal". Then I focused on it for the rest of the game, with a lot of sweat (especially with the last target that I missed a lot of times), losing stupidly some balls because of the stress.

But nothing compared to "Win the Ultimate Challenge" on TCP or "Earn the F-U-E-L special" on Victory. :mad:

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Remind me what Spider Mania is? Do you need to light each zone on the spinner or something?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Remind me what Spider Mania is? Do you need to light each zone on the spinner or something?

Yup.

Activate Spider Mania – By far the toughest goal on the table. To activate Spider Mania, you must light all 16 Spin the Spider icons on the Backglass. You should already be familiar with how to Spin the Spider (hit the lit Spider Hole). What's frustrating about this one, though, is that you will inevitably land on previously lit icons a few times – it's hard to avoid when most are lit. So expect to Spin the Spider at least 20 times while working on this.

There is a delay from when you hit a flipper button to when the spider actually stops on the Backglass. If you're going for a specific icon, hit the flipper button when the indicator gets to the center of the icon 2 places before it. If you let the Spider spin a few times before stopping it, do it slightly earlier as it moves faster after a spin or two.

A good strategy is to go for the Extra Ball from the Backglass first. These are the icons at 12, 3 and 9 o'clock. Light all 3 to light the Extra Ball on the table. You want as many Extra Balls as you can get, as lighting all 16 icons will take a while. Once you do that, try to light them in order so you keep all the unlit ones grouped together, making it easier to hit unlit ones.

Since the Spider Hole is always lit at the beginning of each ball, you can get an easy Spin the Spider try during every ball launch. Use a weak plunger shot (less than half power) so that the ball hangs and drops back down into the Spider Hole. If you get a few Extra Balls this is an easy 5-6 attempts.

As soon as all 16 are lit, Spider Mania will start and you'll get the goal.

Currently, I try to achieve a similar goal on HRC: "Activate Super Surprise". Light Roll'n'Win by shooting the right target is very tedious (4 times in row for the last roll).

Oh, and I finally scored a "Super Duper Mega Extreme Jackpot" without wanting it... unfortunately in a tournament game. Goal not saved. F.........kkk!!!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Thanks, man. Makes sense. Not sure if I'll ever be bothered to try and achieve this goal though!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts