Season pass pricing

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
S5 is 27.99 € on Steam, but 32.24 € on Google play. I'm quite surprised about the difference. I have looked into my purchase history on Google play and I bought S4 on release for 23.62 €. I know the € is weaker against the US$ than 10 months ago, but that can't make such a difference.

Is this issue still there:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/9435-Pricing-change-for-Europe

Hey everyone,

Quick update, the prices as of now will not remain this way forever. Apparently, Google Play has a bug right now where the tax isn't being applied to some dev's console. When they fix the issue, I should be able to go through and auto-convert them so they match other google play devs (like the photo above)

Sorry for the inconvenience!

I wasn't sure about whether or not I will buy S5 still on Android, as I play mostly on PC now, decided I will do it anyway, but this is holding me back now.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Different platforms handling local tax rules differently.

FS submit their base prices on all platforms in USD and let those platforms to all the tricky math like exchange rates and taxes.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
On Steam I also pay 19% German VAT - no excuse here for different prices on the platforms. FarSight doesn't submit their prices on Steam in US$ for € regions, they get recommendations from Steam about pricing in different regions. On Google I'm sure they submit US$ prices, but it doesn't explain an increase by 37%, when the US$ just changed by about 10%.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
True I was speaking about Google (where the developer confirmed during the beta that's what they do), so I assumed the same held for Steam.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I pay $60 per season, and that's not even the pro version of the tables. Thanks Apple! :mad:

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Holy ship! That's incredibly expensive.

It is your local currency screwing you over?
Yeah that's probably part of the price. Biggest thing is of course that there is no season pass for iOS, and I guess everything rounds up in the Apple store when converting currency or changing prices. It's almost expensive enough to make me not buy HS2. Nah who am I kidding :) I'll buy any table released even if it goes up to 8 bucks per table...

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts