Bug Second total ann. + s. jets = end game????

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
Serious issue, every time I trigger a second total annihilation innevitably my super jets gets triggered too. When this happens it ends my game, giving me a total score asking for initials and then giving me the big yellow start button...WHILE MY JUST TRIGGERED 4 BALL MULTIBALL gets completely wasted...I had one game I finished with over 24billion, when I was around 14 billion on ball 2 with an extra ball in the bank and one waiting to be triggered, this **** happened to me, using up my extra ball and not banking the one waiting to be triggered, and it was not lit anymore. Considering I was just starting total annihilation with mars already destroyed, that could easily have been 50billion plus. I had one game where i got super jets before triggering my second TA, and did not have the issue...but other than that one game, I have had every single game in which I scored over 10billion interrupted in this manner, losing balls and a very lucrative multiball that I didn't even get to play...

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
This happened to me last night. Super Jets was my last goal for my first Super Annihilation. As soon as I triggered the last Jet hit, "TOTAL ANNIHILATION" appeared on the DMD, I was dumped back to the main menu. The pinball game continued in the background (balls drained on their own) but I couldn't continue to play.

I think I had it happen on triggering Super Jets (but NOT starting Total Annihilation) as well. It doesn't happen every time though.

I'm on an iPad 3, iOS 6.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
It is definitely from triggering super jets...the rest of it I'm not sure, I have yet to trigger super jets without being in multiball so I cannot say anything other than every single time I'm on a good run, bam outta nowhere this bull**** comes and destroys it

I have counted 11 instances this has happened to me thus far, and that's what I've counted, I'm sure I missed a couple

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I guess this happened to me also, I triggered TA (also second time but that may be irrelevant if I read the other posts correctly) and the game kicked me right out. I didn't notice if it collided with Super Jets activated. iPad 2 iOS 6. This is indeed a serious, gamebreaking/recordbreaking bug. I hope they fix it quickly!

Just had a second game where the same thing happened, it's definitely the combination of TA+Super Jets. I did return to the game though by pressing start, lost a ball and all on-going modes

Last edited:

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
Just happened again to me, again the moment I completed Super Jets. I was in multiball, but is wasn't my last goal for Rule the Universe. The DMD immediately started collecting bonus, and I had the end-of-game menu (with the local high-scores) on-screen.

Oddly, when I pressed "Start" I got to continue my game (having lost the ball in play), but couldn't progress much further: I was in "Attack Mars" mode, but the Force Field barrier was up (and wouldn't go down), so I couldn't complete the mode.

In any case, Super Jets is definitely the culprit.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Today I had my game ended twice. Not sure what triggered it. First time I just started Total Annihalation for the first time. Then suddenly the Final Score screen appeared. While the game still ran in the background. Just had it a second time. Very very annoying. It is imposdible to go on with the game, while it runs bhind the Final Score screen

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yep, just happened to me. iPad4/ iOS 6.

Total Annihilation #2 and Super Jets enabled calls up Final Score screen.

And with that, my love of AFM is currently over. Until the inevitable fix that is.

Last edited:

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Just happened to me. Hit start, previous TA ball lost, then carried on. Gutted.

Easy fix FS? Quick? Please? Cos this has to be many people's fave table so far.....

Jul 2, 2012
Haven't had this issue on any of my devices (iPhone 5, iPad 1, Mac). Ruled the universe twice, first on Mac and then on the iPad. Multiple Total Annihilations on both games.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This is why I suggested to Ryan that he release the Android beta build to us at the same time iOS testers get their build and if it's true that iOS testers can't purchase the new tables to play past the first high score, then they'll never find bugs such as the one mentioned above which many of us Android testers were able to report and have corrected before the Android build went live. Android beta testers getting the build at the same time as iOS testers will ensure that deep game bugs can be reported and corrected before the iOS build is submitted to Apple.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
I will let you know, AFM didn't require downloading again. MM, ST:TNG, TZ, FH, CFTBL, and NGG all did though. I'm afraid to try MM for fear it now has family mode on :'(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.