Should Farsight get rid of the pause feature in TPA?

Should Farsight get rid of the pause feature in TPA?

• Total voters

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I'm sorry this has been a running joke I bring up from time to time in the office.
No plans of removing pause at all.

Get rid off it! Plus anything that breaks the illusion that you are not playing real pinball, in particular the annoying 'Goal complete' messages. In a cabinet they are really distracting as they pretty much appear on top of the flippers.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Get rid off it! Plus anything that breaks the illusion that you are not playing real pinball, in particular the annoying 'Goal complete' messages. In a cabinet they are really distracting as they pretty much appear on top of the flippers.

This. Send everyone a real pinball machine, with real silver balls, and all the MPUs and playfields and backglasses and everything else we need to physically construct each table ourselves.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Also, Farsight didn't make the original tables. So they must remove ALL TRACES of their name from TPA.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013

Simple solution to this.... Just have all the goals completed already ;)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Is not using the pause button if you don't like it a big deal? :)

Just my opinion. Most don't agree and that's ok with me. I was just giving the reason for my vote. It doesn't bother me who uses it. If it adds to your enjoyment, it's a good thing.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Just my opinion. Most don't agree and that's ok with me. I was just giving the reason for my vote. It doesn't bother me who uses it. If it adds to your enjoyment, it's a good thing.

My only thing is, if I have to use the facilities, I'd rather not risk dropping my phone in the toilet again :/

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
That really happen? I hear a lot of broken phone stories, but that is fantastic!

Twice in the same month actually. One time was on vacation at the trailer, fell out of my hoody pockets while flushing. The second time was when I was rushing to the toilet to vom at my place, and I basically threw it in with my hand. But some business called iCracked was able to fix it somehow for like $100. Yeah, the pause button didn't really help in those situations

invitro

May 4, 2012
Twice in the same month actually. One time was on vacation at the trailer, fell out of my hoody pockets while flushing. The second time was when I was rushing to the toilet to vom at my place, and I basically threw it in with my hand. But some business called iCracked was able to fix it somehow for like $100. Yeah, the pause button didn't really help in those situations
I hope you wuz playing JY when it happened.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Whatever game it was got paused forever. I remember being more mad about not being able to finish the tourney then losing contacts though
The only contacts that matter are Red, Ted, and Candy 2000.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
One of their employees, RSchwantner, said "I've been trying to push for no more pause function at all. Can't pause a real table."
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ategy-thread-)?p=216696&viewfull=1#post216696

EDIT: Oops, he was just joking, and I got fooled...
"Haha he was only joking
wink.png
Even if pausing during the roll can give some people an edge, were not going to take it out and we couldn't even if we wanted to per Test requirements for every platform." - FlippyFloppy
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ategy-thread-)?p=216711&viewfull=1#post216711

This sounds like some video game story you'd see on The Onion.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I could see it being disabled for tournaments but it certainly would not help me. During regular gameplay pausing should definately be possible. Never ever ask for less options

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts